24 - Countdown

I'm writing the fight scene, and I'm abt to commit aliven't *lip bite*

~·~·~·~

"So, you got him to agree?" Draken asked as the two of you made your way over to the Sano household to pick up the two.

You nodded, a small smile on your face. Kazutora and Baji were the ones who dropped you off at your home this morning with Kazutora's bike. It was around six a.m, so you three had a bit of fun before. By fun... I mean the Keisuke, Kazutora, and Kashi kind of fun. It was a disaster, but fun.

"I told him the location you told me." You said. Draken noticed the little hop on your step, he guessed that you had fun hanging out with Kazutora yesterday. "I got him to come when I promised him that I'll be picking him up."

"Why not hang out with him more." Draken suggested, giving your head a small pat. "Go get yourself a drink and a bite of food before the meet up time."

"Ah... that sounds nice... but I'm busy before the meeting time." You scratched your head, hoping you thought of that instead of already promising to spend time with someone else.

"Well, we'll just get some when this is over." You looked up to your big brother and saw him smiling brightly. Draken wanted this drama to be over and have things be back the way they were, just like you. "Let's throw Baji and Kazutora in the pool for revenge again!"

"Yeah! Let's!"

"Race you to their house!"

"Hey! You got a head start...!"

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °∘❉∘° ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

"....Are you two okay?" Emma asked as you and Draken panted for air, hands on your knees as you two tried to catch your breath. "...Did you two run here?"

"...Y-yeah...Basically...." You wheezed, trying to get words out. "A-anyways... we're here..."

"(Y/N)." You looked up, a bit confused by Mikey's sudden sour tone. Mikey's face... he seems to be pouting, but he was trying his best to look angry. "Where were you yesterday? I heard you had an appointment, I waited for you to come back to your house, but you didn't come, even after midnight."

Well... you guessed that he'll find this out sooner or later... but you still had a chance. Mikey doesn't like Kazutora, you can't let him find out you were spending time with him, the one who had killed the big brother that he loved so much.

"Sorry, Mikey... I was busy yesterday. I had to go to a classmate's house to finish the schoolwork given to us." You lied through your teeth, completely convincing him, even Emma. But Draken already knew the truth. "It was a bit late when we finished, so her mother invited me over to sleep there."

"Hmph, then this afternoon, we're hanging out!"

"....Ah... about that..." Mikey visibly frowned, making you suddenly feel bad. "It's my turn to walk Pochi this afternoon... So I'll be busy..." Of course, that was a lie, most of it. It really was your turn to walk Pochi today. "...Sorry..."

"Agh! Then tomorrow!"

"I have to bring Ash to the vet..."

Mikey looked to be empty, a being devoid of any life. What does life mean when his friends won't even spend time with him? Especially the one who couldn't even let go of his hand when she was still such a tiny little girl. He missed those times when he didn't get to share you with anyone.

It's a bit strange... Mikey knew that you were the smartest and knew how to read people like an open book... so... how come you can't seem to catch his signs of wanting to be comforted by you?