42 - Goodbye

Morning came and the father and daughter woke up both tired and confused. They faced each other in silence, still looking at the two gifts on the table. Aki stored away her mother's old ring to keep it safe. All that's left now were the two men's gifts.

"Should we... Put that tall man's gift on a safe?" Aki asked nervously, opening the case with a nervous touch. Ah, she only opened it a bit and this thing was already screaming at her broke ass. "Can I sell it?"

"Don't be rude." Kazutora scolded her, taking the expensive jewelry from her before she actually sells it. He sighed, pushing the still unopened gift towards the girl. "For now... open this."

".....You look old." Aki suddenly blurted out, pointing out the small bags that formed under her father's eyes. Kazutora merely sighed, too old to argue with her anymore. "Anyways, you know it's such a shame."

"What is?"

"You never get to see Kei-san's face!" She exclaimed, opening the wrapped gift with a small pout. "I met her when we were at the bath! Her figure is toned! She had abs! And fairly strong muscles! She's like a princess- NO- a queen in shining armor! Although she wasn't wearing anything then."

"Aki, you really should watch what you're saying..." Kazutora face palmed, ashamed and embarrassed to hear such things coming out of his daughter. Although it was mostly to hide his slightly blushing face.

"No! Seriously! Her face was so pretty!" Aki added, slamming her hand on the table with a big smile. "She had a pretty mysterious aura! And she looked like she's been through quite a lot. I think she might be connected to some kind of secret assassination club or something like that."

Kazutora wanted to say it. But he had to hold himself in that his daughter figured out that woman's identity. As he said before, if they have any connections to Chie, and once connected to (Y/N), there's a high chance that they're criminals.

And those three that came last, were indeed criminals.

"She had quite a few scars. But I think the most strange was by the one on her stomach. It looked pretty old."

"Aki! Can you please stop talking about a lady's...." Kazutora paused, looking over her daughter with suspicion. "...W-where did you say it was?"

"Hm~?" Aki pursed her lips, a small thought growing in her mind. Although she doesn't have any way to contact Kei, she can just ask her aunt about it. With a sinister giggle, Aki pointed over her belly, right by her left lumbar. "Right over here~! I asked her about it and she told me she got it when she was younger! She got stabbed there during a fight! She was pretty fierce when she was younger, she told me that someone had a hard time taking care of her. But I think it adds to her charm, don't you think so, dad~?"

"....What year...?! Did she say what year!?"

'Ohh! Dad must've fallen for Kei-san!' Aki thought, hiding her grin from her father. Aki didn't know the truth as to why he was suddenly like that. "Well, Kei-san didn't tell me, but she did say that I keep it a secret from anyone! So you better keep it a secret too dad!"

"...Shit." Kazutora clicked his tongue, placing his head on the palm of his hand. Just what the hell is he thinking right now? It's impossible. There's just no way for-

"You know, her eyes were so pretty! ---."

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °∘❉∘° ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

There was a strange silence between the three of them. Hanma and Mikey's tension from when they first came here and from the past seemed to have dissolved a bit. But for Kei, well, despite wearing that mask, they can tell that she was agitated.