Lay Me Down Chapter 33

Start from the beginning

“Where should we start?” I shrugged my shoulders. “Are you sure that you are a girl?”  

“If I’m not sure of it, I am pretty sure that you are.” 

He began to laugh. “You’re a girl!” he stated, looking me up and down, before grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the juniors section. We walked through aisles of clothes and Carter was just picking things up he liked, not bothering to check the size or the price on the tag. By the time we made it to the dressing room I had millions of items: shoes, socks, bras, shirts, tank tops, panties, skirts, shorts and the list goes on and on. I swear I spent two hours trying on all the clothes that Carter had picked out and don’t let me try it on without showing him. He wanted to see every outfit. Once we finished I was in dire need for something to eat. I pretty sure I had worked off so many calories by just trying on clothes. Carter and I ended up going to this pizza joint where they supposedly have over a hundred types of pizza. We went and sat down at a table and I looked over the menu. Carter’s phone rang as I was ordering my food.

“Hello?”  

“Hey baby,” I heard the voice reply. I was guessing it was his girlfriend. Either she was speaking incredibly loud or his phone was turned up. I pretended not to be listening and I looked over the desert menu.

“Whatsup?”  

“Nothing I just can’t wait to see you.” She replied.

“Oh really?”  

“Really and guess what?”

“What?” Carter drank some of his drink.

“I’m coming to see you tonight!” 

Carter spat out his drank and it all landed on my arm. I laughed as I grabbed some napkins to wipe it off.

“I’m sorry,” he mouthed towards me. “Really? That’s great! Hey, I need to talk to you about something.” 

“What?” 

“I met an old friend of mine and umm she’s going to be staying with me for a while.”  

“She . . . as in a girl?”

“Yea.” I couldn’t blame her if she didn’t approve, I mean, who would? 

“What kind of friends are you guys?” She asked

“Just friends Ariel.” He  looked up at me. I was no longer pretending to read the desert menu.

“How long is she staying?”

“Until she can get back on her feet. She just got into some trouble and I’m helping her out for awhile.”  

“And if I say that I don’t want her staying with you?”