Birthday Morning

Kojiro wakes up to darkness and the sight of Kaoru sleeping peacefully in his arms. Kojiro let out a soft chuckle and wore a loving look on his face. Before their relationship, Kojiro would have never imagined that Kaoru would ever do this to him. Sure Kojiro had his choice of people gracing his bed, but that was nothing like having Kaoru in his bed. His long pink hair splayed across a pillow as he was curled into Kojiro's body. Kojiro allowed himself to look at his boyfriend just for a couple of more moments. Before he quietly began to get out of bed after he finished stretching his arms. Kojiro quietly put on a shirt and pants before he handed downstairs. Grabbing his phone with him. After he did this he put on his shoes before he took a small jog. Once he returned home, he took off his shoes and checked on Kaoru to see he was still asleep. So Kojiro went downstairs to cook. When it came to the two of them it would usually be Kojiro to be cooking. Not only because it was his job but because cooking was the main way Kojiro showed affection. Something that Kaoru didn't seem to mind. Once Kojiro reached the kitchen he thought of what to cook. The way he thought of preparing both his and Kaoru breakfast was kinda the way he used to prep his courses for Sia La Luce. He would spend a lot of time thinking of what Kaoru might like that day. He took even more time choosing on days he was off from Sia La Luce. Today happened to be one of those days. Today was also a very special day for Kaoru. It was Kaoru's birthday and the two had celebrated it the night before. Kojiro already had the day planned out a nice quiet day at home. While Kaoru might at times act like he would like a big grand celebration in truth he preferred a more intimate celebration with Kojiro and friends and families. Kojiro had already thought of that and they had something with their little tight-knit group the day before thus resulting in them having gotten home late. This meant that for that day Kaoru would be all his something that Kojiro liked. After Kojiro had stood there trying to think of something. He just decided to start cooking and go from there. Kojiro and Kaoru kitchen while not as big as Kojiro kitchen at Sia La Luce it still was stocked with everything Kojiro needed. This meant that Kojiro could make a number of dishes which he did. As he tried to make something special for Kaoru. By the time Kojiro was done a good number of the plates had something on them and he could swear he could hear someone coming. He was correct because not even a moment later he felt someone's arms go around his waist and someone lean against his back. Kojiro look to see Kaoru was behind him. "Morning birthday boy might I ask why you are up?"

"Well I awoke to find that someone had left and while you maybe a furnace I do like your warmth"

"Oh is that all? I could have said you said more than that last night," Kojiro said with a smirk gracing his face. This resulted in him getting a playful hit from Kaoru.

"Such a horny gorilla"

"This coming from the spoiled princess"

"Hey it's my birthday"

"I know mi-terso I had been thinking of bringing to food up but then you came here so it looks like that's not going to happen"

"It could still happen"

"Yes but you seem to be clinging to me"

"Considering it's my birthday I can do as I please"

"You are going to use that all day aren't you," Kojiro asked and when he got no answer from Kaoru he knew he got his answer. Kaoru would continue to hold Kojiro as Kojiro fixed the food. Once in a while, the two would talk but mostly not. On days like today, they enjoyed each other's company. Once Kojiro had finished and plated everything the food extended to fit their table. Kaoru sitting in the head seat seemed surprised.

"Kojiro what are we going to do with all of this?"

"Well, I may have made a little too much"

"A little too much this could feed an entire army"

"Come on we both know that this could hardly fill up Langa," Kojiro referred to the amount of food that Langa could seem to eat.

"I suppose you are correct. Were we like that when we were his age?"

"So the great Kaoru Sakurayashiki said I am right. Carla mark the date and the time"

"Don't use her like that," Kaoru said with a playful swat. As the two started to bicker which brought on stranger subjects. 

"Speaking of birthdays, Kaoru you know talk like we are in our thirties"

"Kojiro you do know that we are in our late twenties right?"

"Yes but thank you for reminding me.  Oh and speaking of remainding who are you to talk about what I wear Mr. Kimono"

"This coming from the gorilla who seems to be allergic to clothing most of the time"

"Hey I would have you know I am wearing a shirt"

"I can see that but if you didn't go jogging you would already be shirtless wouldn't you", Kaoru asked this resulting in Kojiro going quieter before changing the subject. To which Kaoru had said you changed the subject you aren't subtle Kojiro. As the two continued throughout Kaoru's birthday breakfast (which was too big for the both of them) they would continue to bicker. Through one might something big for their birthday this was enough for them. They weren't getting much younger and having a day to chill in one another's company was enough and it was things like this that made days like Kaoru's birthday even more special. Knowing that this birthday would be only one of many the two would share from now on.

A/N: So I choose a bit last minute to make this birthday related. I didn't want to do something grand for Kaoru bday since I am tired plus I did that last year. I once heard from someone that some people don't go big for their birthday it is just another day for them. So that is where I got this idea. I know it may not be as big as I have done in the past but I still hope you can enjoy this. Side note about the Elvis birthday song it was the only one that I could find that I liked so yeah. I wanted to do something cool for Kaoru. Now other then that see you all next update.