Confession and a New Year

A/N: Happy new year and with this new year there will be many things. Hopefully it will be better then the previous two years yet even in the new year MatchaBlossom still is here. This time around I was inspired by the MatchaBlossom fanfic called Once. Just This Once  . Now that is all I have to say for now so I hope you enjoy this one shot.

A new year means a chance to began once again or as Kaoru Sakurayashiki puts it a chance to repent and make efforts. In other words a new year means that while humans make mistakes, they should be able to make up for them and a new year gives them the chance for that. Sadly not everyone can repent and make an effort. Some mistakes aren't as easy to mend that may take more then just a new year to make up for. As with the new year some old things from the past might still be there.

For you see the past year had been very complicated for Kaoru and Kojiro what with ADAM's return to S, the tournament that had been held, the feelings that had been revealed in the time, and so much more. So with all of that the two was looking forward to the new year especially Kojiro who wanted to put the past year behind him. He was tired of dealing with certain things that should have been long over with. He was tired of having ADAM's spirit haunting them. While Kaoru had gotten better that didn't mean that those feelings had vanished. Kaoru still hesitated at mentioning his name even after laughing at ADAM in falling in the mud on that rainy day. Through the walls had broken down they were still there and Kojiro was getting a bit tired of those walls. These feelings and Kojiro own feelings had been pushed down for so long and seemed to be harder to push down with each day. Even flirting didn't seem to work so Kojiro stopped going on dates and stopped flirting as much. Kojiro instead tried to distract himself in other ways, but those ways could only work for so long. As the time of feelings were about to be shown whether Kojiro wanted them to be. As it all seemed to come down the eve before the start of the new year.

Instead of having to be with the kids as per usual. Kaoru and Kojiro seemed to be left on their own as the kids seemed to have their own plans. Now when this had happened in past year Kojiro would usually either insist on coming to Kaoru's place or the other way around. But this year seemed to be different as when the day before the new year came instead of being texted or called by Kojiro. Kaoru didn't get anything which he found odd. But he found it even odder as through out the entire day Kaoru still didn't get anything. This in turn caused Kaoru to worry so he choose to head to Kojiro's place out of convince not because he was worried about Kojiro and certainly not because he cared about Kojiro. But when Kaoru had reached the apartment and had knocked their was no answer no matter how many times Kaoru had knocked. Kaoru pulled something out of his pocket it was a set of keys and after searching for a short time Kaoru had found the key he was looking for. He twisted the key in the knob and thus the door was opened. Kaoru walked in and he saw Kojiro with a couple of cans of beer on the floor and a scrapbook in his hand. Kojiro looked up at Kaoru wearing an expression that Kaoru had never seen his usually cheerful friend wear.

"Oh, it's just you Kaoru"

"Of course were you expecting one of your one night stands?"

"Ha I know you might think I get around but I haven't been with anyone in a while honest", Kojiro had said with a fake laugh. Kaoru was about to ask him when Kojiro seemed to change the subject.

"Hey Kaoru?"

"Yes"

"Do you remember this," Kojiro had asked pointing to a memory in the scrapbook.

"Yes of course what you did you forget?"

"No of course not it's just why can't things be like they were?"

"Like what Kojiro"

"Like they were before", Kojiro said HIS name being left unsaid.

"Kojiro I", Kaoru started to say before Kojiro interrupted him once agan.