Confirmation (Part Four)

A/N: I have inserted Sakura a male bartender who will be a big help in this chapter. Kaoru may be a bit off from his anime counter part is. But all of this is important to the story.

Sakura 

Several days had passed since Kaoru had woken up next to a sleeping yet very naked Joe

Several days had passed since Kaoru had woken up next to a sleeping yet very naked Joe. In that time Kaoru had spent a good amount of time trying to process everything. Not only that but did quite a bit of internet research. Everything he found kept telling him that he was in love. Kaoru was still in major denial through. Even if all the signs were all in front of him. This brings us to nearly a week after the "accident". Kaoru was sitting at a bar wearing his contacts, his hair up in a pony tail, and wearing a black kimono. He couldn't let anyone see him like this. It would ruin the chance of potential business. Or worse if Joe saw him like this. He wanted to get drunk and forget his feelings even if it was for one night. So far that wasn't happening instead Kaoru was ranting to anyone who would listen. In this case it was the bartender Sakura. A young man barely twenty three, with jet black hair pulled up in a messy bun, some bangs sticking out, wearing the a bartender outfit. "I mean come on people are to start thinking that he is a gigolo"

Sakura was tempted to chuckle he could understand where this was going. " I don't blame you for being frustrated. I would also find it hard to be friends with that type of person", he said trying not to reveal anything.

"What are you going on about. I never said that I hate him. While he can be a pain in the ass and flirts with too many women. I can't deny that he isn't a good person. He has always been there for me when it matters. Not only that but also seems to hold the person he cares about in high regards. Through he can be an idiot he is reliable when it comes to his work life. His food I hate to admit is pretty good", Kaoru said with a warm smile.

"Kaoru can I call you that", he asked. Kaoru nodded. "Correct me if I am wrong but by any chance are you and Joe you speak of lovers. ?"

Kaoru face went red. "What would make you think that?"

"From what I have heard you sound as if you really care about him despite all the fighting you do. You say that recently you feel shitty when you see him flirting with women. And even through you complained about him you still defended him when I suggest the thought of you hating him. Kinda of like the way a someone will complain about their lover"

"But we aren't lovers"

"While you may not be lovers from what you have told me if nothing else you care more about him then you want to let on"

Kaoru face went red and he sat in silence for a moment. "Maybe I am but it isn't like anything will come out of it"

"I don't know about that", Sakura smiled a suggestive smile.

'What are you going on about?"

"Well look at your phone will you Kaoru", Sakura said and when he did he saw that it was filled with messages and missed calls from Joe. Asking where he had been and why he wasn't answering.

"So what does it really matter whether he calls me or not. He just wants to make sure that I am not dead"

"Okay if you believe that then why don't we test that theory?"

"Do what you want"

"Gladly", Sakura said with a smile. After Sakura got another cup of beer. Kaoru phone began to ring with another call from Joe. Sakura answered it.

"Hi"

"Who is this and why are you answering Kaoru phone", Joe asked in a tone of voice that implying that he wasn't in a good mood.

"If you want to know then come to", Sakura said before listing the address to the bar and hanging up before Joe could say anything else. Kaoru meanwhile was confused and kept drinking.

Sixteen Minutes Later

Kaoru had been trying to order a beer. As Sakura refused insisting he needed to be sober for this. Joe finally arrived. Sakura smiled in his direction. "Play along with me will you", he whispered into Kaoru ear. Before pulling Kaoru face closer to his about to kiss him when Joe walked over. Slapping Sakura hand away.

"You haven't answered me in a week. And I come here to find you only to find someone trying to kiss you"

Sakura backed away. "What do you care you shitty gorilla", Kaoru asked?

"Did that night seriously not mean anything to you?"

"Again why do you care? I mean we were both drunk that night. Besides don't you have a women to flirt with", Kaoru argued back.

"Because I love you damn it", Joe blurted out.

Kaoru stopped arguing with Joe. His face went red. "What did you just say?"

"I said I love you"

"Come on just because we slept together once doesn't mean anything"

"Do you honestly think I love you just because we slept together? Not that because I have been in love with you for years"

"Come on we both know that is bullshit. Considering you are always flirting with women"

"I only do that to get your attention"

Kaoru didn't know what to say. He wasn't sure how to process all of this. "I don't know what to say"

"Just say we are done with this game of ours and I can finally know if you feel the same", Joe said before taking Kaoru hand and kissing it.

"I", Kaoru said and looked away. Joe heart went down and he let go of Kaoru hand and was about to leave.

"I thought that night we spent together meant something to you but I guess it was just me", Joe said his head down and defenses down. He was getting closer to the door when Kaoru grabbed his arm face red.

"You really are a idiot you know", Kaoru said looking down trying to hide his redness.

"What are you", Joe could barely get out when Kaoru pulled Joe to his level and kissed him. To which Joe returned. As the two just stood there kissing. Kisses that said I love you, why haven't we been doing this from the start, and so much more. Until finally Sakura cleared his throat.

"While I am glad you made up you do realize this is still a public bar"

Joe gave Sakura a cold glare. Kaoru picked up his phone and tucked his phone into his kimono. Before being dragged out by Joe. As soon as they got to Joe apartment Joe pinned Kaoru to a wall.

"Now care to tell me why you were letting bartender hang all around you?"

"So you saw that?"

"Of course I saw that how could I not? Now I am going to ensure that no one will touch you", Joe said before smiling a certain smile before. Kaoru knew at that moment he probably wasn't going to get much sleep that night. The two spent the rest of the night making up for all the time they had lost. Kaoru did later explain what it was all about but that is a story for another day and time. What matters was that Kaoru and Joe were lovers. But even so nothing much really changed except the fact that even when they were fighting they both knew that the other loved him. Which in the end really matters.

A/N: Okay before you all again say Kaoru is drunk and all of that. He didn't get to drink. He wanted to but he ended up ranting and afterward Sakura insisted he stay sober.