Sleeping Kaoru

A/N: I was inspired by a MatchaBlossom story called Once Upon Dream and thought why not add my own version of it. So here we are.

Kojiro Nanjo had heard of a tale about a sleeping prince in a long since abandoned castle that nobody dared enter. Kojiro wasn't like all of those other wussies. So Kojiro went to the long abandoned castle and fought through the vines that now crowded around it using his sword. Until he finally reached the top to find a cherry blossom prince fast asleep. Upon closer look at the sleeping prince. Kojiro realized that he knew this sleeping prince. It was prince Kaoru Sakurayashiki a prince from a neighboring land who had once been a long time friend of Kojiro until he mysteriously vanished. That and being the object of Kojiro's first love and making him realize that he might not be straight. Something that had been obvious to nearly everyone yet Kaoru never said a word even up to when he vanished. Yet here he stood in front of the sleeping Kaoru and those feelings of his seemed to chose that time to bubble up. His heart pounding with each step he took. As he leaned in towards Kaoru. If life had taught Kojiro anything is that any curse could be broken with a kiss. The moments Kojiro's lips touched Kaoru's. Kaoru's eyes opened to be greeted by Kojiro's crimson eyes. As Kojiro was soon pushed off. "Oh it's you dopey gorilla", Kaoru said as he sat up.

"You would think that you would show a little thankful for the person who woke you up"

"Well who is to say I wanted to be woken up? Especially by you who is clearly a muscle bound gorilla", Kaoru countered.

"Well I see you haven't changed in all of this time"

"I could say the same to you even through it's clear you have become a muscle bound gorilla"

"Yet you are still the same you shitty four eyes"

"As I said many times before I don't wear glasses you idiot gorilla"

"Yes but the amount of reading you did. I am surprised that you didn't have glasses", Kojiro said as the two continued to bicker for a little while more. Until finally Kojiro said something that Kaoru hadn't been expecting.

"You know it's good to see you", he said with a warm smile on his face.

Kaoru's face went red for a moment as his heart began to beat. "Why would you say that?"

"Come on Kaoru surely you must have known being the genius that you were?"

"Know what?"

"That I loved you", Kojiro said seeing no reason to lie and having nothing to lose.

"Now why would I know that I mean you were constantly flirting with the woman"

"To distract me from you besides I was very obvious and nearly everyone knew"

"Well I certainly didn't"

"It's fine I mean it's not like I said any besides I", Kojiro started about to say he moved on when really he didn't. That had been a lie especially after seeing Kaoru after all of this time.

"You what?"

"I", Kojiro started but couldn't seem to finish. Kaoru inched closer to Kojiro.

"Just say it Kojiro tell me you moved on"

"I can't", Kojiro said finally relenting. "I thought I had but seeing you here I just remembered how much I love you. I know you probably don't feel the same so if you re", Kojiro started before he felt Kaoru's lips pressed against his. It not taking long for Kojiro to return the kiss. As they continued to kiss until both were breathless.

"Who was to say I was going to reject you", Kaoru asked after they parted.

"It's just that I"

"You what Kojiro?"

"I mean it's just that you could have had any pick in either of our kingdoms"

"Yes but I choose you. But you were a flirting gigolo so I thought I didn't stand a chance"

"Well as you can see you always stood a chance Kaoru"

"Yeah I can see that you muscle bound gorilla"

"Are you going to keep calling me that?"

"Yes for the rest of our lives you are my muscle bound gorilla", Kaoru declared.

"Hey who says you get to decide that?"

"Well it's too late I have already decided"

"Fine you win this time princess", Kojiro said. As Kaoru rolled his eyes at the name princess. "Now can we get going I am sure you don't want to stay here forever"

"Yeah I don't"

"Then come home to Sia La Luce with me", Kojiro said as he extended his hand out to Kaoru.

"Maybe I will", Kaoru said as he took Kojiro's hand. As they made their way down the vine covered castle and back to the kingdom of Sia La Luce . But all that mattered to them was that they had each other finally after all this time. Kojiro happy that he had choose to see who the sleeping prince was because if he hadn't he wouldn't have seen Kaoru again or confessed to him. As the two headed backthe kingdom of Sia La Luce to spend the rest of their days together.

A/N: Sorry about the crappy ending I kinda wasn't sure how to end it. Anyway Kaoru's parents had left the tower before the curse activated. Now the details of the curse was by ADAM's family. Who had cursed Kaoru for them not allowing them to wed ADAM to their son. In this story ADAM is less of a jerk. Anyway Kaoru's parents barely managed to get out before the curse hit. That and the curse was inacted not long after Kaoru and Kojiro had parted ways. Kaoru and Kojiro parting around 15 - 16. The curse happening at either 16 or 18. Meaning Kaoru was stuck in the curse for ten to seven years. Making Kaoru either 25 or 26 now. Plus Kaoru's kingdom was left by the people quite a bit before it not wanting to be cursed. Yeah Kaoru's parents were like I need to be safe and not die. Not that they were bad people they just didn't want to die. Anyway that's all I have to say until the next update.