Wedding Jitters

WARNING: Not so great grammar will be used here. Due the fact I don't have a beta reader and I kinda of suck at grammar. You have been warned.

A/N: I am so sorry about the late update I kinda of forgot about this until like thirty minutes after I was supposed to update. I promise this will never happen again. Anyway this time around I got inspired by all three things first a fanfic called oh, mercy me (total abandonment; i give myself to you) on A03. That and artwork that was done by CrimsonChains who happens to an amazing artist and has two amazing webcomics. Plus the I Do song which I personally think is a pretty great song. Now other then that I hope you enjoy this fanfic. 

Kaoru was standing in front of a mirror wearing a black wedding hakama. His heart pounding more and more with each passing second. Because after today everything would change. After today he would no longer be known as Kaoru Sakurayashiki but as Kaoru Nanjo. Something that Kaoru could hardly believe that was happening. Never did Kaoru think he would reach this point marrying the love of his life who also happened to be his best friend. Especially after the ordeal that ADAM had caused. Yet here they were about to get married. Before being with Joe Kaoru never got why people always seemed to say love chooses you. For Kaoru love was a fickle thing something he really didn't know much about. From his parents broken marriage to his and ADAM "relationship" and Kaoru history with other attempted relationships had all been failures. All of them for the most part either ending or leaving him. Yet through all of it Joe stayed no matter what Kaoru did Joe stayed through it all. Which is something that people rarely seemed to do especially concerning Kaoru. As Kaoru stood in front of the mirror happier then he had ever been in his life. Kaoru had been lost in his happiness that he didn't hear the footsteps of someone coming in nor the sound of the door closing. Kaoru whipped his head ready to fight the person in need be only to find Joe standing there wearing a black suit. Something that he had insisted on wearing much to Kaoru dislike. He had wanted them to be matching both of them wearing tradition wedding wear. But after a bickering match that had lasted nearly two hour Kaoru had no choice but to give in. "What are you doing here Kojiro", Kaoru asked?

"Now is that anyway to greet your future husband", Joe asked?

"Kojiro you weren't supposed to see me"

"Well excuse me for ignoring your stupid rule and wanting to see my soon to be husband. After being banishing to the couch and hardly being able to see you in several days"

"Well then that's your fault for not being able to control yourself you muscle bound gorilla"

Joe stepped closer to Kaoru before wrapping his arms around Kaoru's waist. "Can't you be nice to me for one day. Especially day considering what day it is"

"Never you knew that when you agreed to marry me"

"Yes I did and that doesn't mean I don't love you any less", Joe responded with a warm smile and look his eyes.

Kaoru playfully hit him on his chest. "Such a sappy dopey gorilla"

"Yeah yeah", Joe said still a warm look on his face.

"Idiot", Kaoru mumbled under his breath.

"I know I know", Joe said before kissing Kaoru on the back of his neck. "So are you ready", he asked?

"I have you know I am always ready unlike you dopey gorilla", Kaoru responded.

"Yes yes I know", Joe said with a chuckle before extending his hand out to Kaoru's. Just as he had all those years ago when they had first met. "Are you sure you are ready you spend the rest of your life with me princess"

"Yes I am sure now don't make me regret my choice gorilla", Kaoru said with a look that conveyed everything as he took Joe's hand.

"I promise I will try not to", Joe said as the two walked out of the room hand and hand. As they got ready to spend the rest of their lives together.

A/N: First of all sorry for the short update. I didn't want to make this another wedding one because I have already done that. Plus I don't think I can write vows for them. At least some that haven't been used in my other fanfics as loving words. It is thanks to that and the song at the top that I wrote this fanfic. So this time around I thought why not write a pre-wedding fanfic and then that is how this idea was born. Anyway I think it is finally time for me to hang up my MatchaBlossom hat unless a season two is coming out if it ever does. I mean while I have loved doing this I think it is time to end this journey. But hey I loved it and I got one thousand votes on this less then 6 month one shot series. But things are changing and the fandom is dying down fr the most and I don't want to be that one person who puts their story on hold and never comes back. So I thought why not end on a high note. So I thought why not end on a high note. So this maybe the last time we do this until next time.

Signed,

Author-chan