Realized Feelings and Confessions

The moment Kaoru felt ADAM's skate board make contact with his face he knew it was over. He feel backwards, his skateboard getting away from him, his hair coming undone, and his mask coming loose. It was at that moment that something had been confirmed to Kaoru something that he had already known but didn't want to admit. This ADAM standing before him wasn't the same ADAM he and Joe had meet years ago. But somone who would do what ever it takes to get his way. Meanwhile in the audience almost everyone looked away as they watched except for Joe whose eyes were filled with hurt. He in his half right mind wanted to go and sock ADAM. But he couldn't not yet not until he helped Kaoru. Kaoru meanwhile felt his eyes grow heavier. His body feeling helpless. ADAM walked closer and closer to him. "As always, your skating has no surprises. It's overcalculated, so it can never cross the line. Allow me to teach you. The reasons why I didn't respond to your beef was simply because it sounded boring. Not only that but you are of no use to me anymore", ADAM said as Kaoru eyes were growing even heavier. Joe at this point had jumped in a car to drive to Kaoru. Kaoru was out as ADAM was rumpling on about his EVE. The next few moments were some neither of them could never remember. Joe knew he couldn't call an ambulance, "S" had barely escaped being known by the cops not even a few weeks go. Instead as soon as the match was over and for the most part everyone had cleared the place. Joe drove Kaoru to the hospital and made up so excuse which they seemed to buy. Luckily nothing was hurt enough that Kaoru could never do calligraph or skate again. But it was bad enough that the doctor advised that Kaoru not do work for several weeks at least until the wound healed. After the hospital had kicked Joe out. He went back to his restaurant trying to distract himself from thinking about Kaoru. It hadn't been more then a few hours. When he saw Kaoru all bandaged up. "Are you an idiot? Sneaking out of the hospital like that", Joe asked with his hand to his head.

"It's no problem it's only a scratch", Kaoru said as he sent in Carla 2.0, his head and neck wrapped in bandages, a patch on his left check, a arm cast on his left hand, and a bandage on his right foot. He drove Carla 2.0 to Joe's bar.

"You look like a mummy you know that right", Joe said with his arms crossed.

"Shut up it's an honorable wound! You haven't gone up against ADAM after all. Because last time I checked you lost to a rookie"

"At least I would have won. Besides that's no ordinary run of the mill rookie. He might soon become a monster even worse than ADAM", Joe said looking away.

"You're overestimating him. ADAM is", Kaoru started before trying to pour himself a glass of wine with his free hand to find the bottle empty. "It's empty"

"Then why don't you bring the next one"

"Last time I check I am injured idiot gorilla"

"Don't talk big four eyes", Joe countered leaning over the bar. He went to retrieve another bottle when he came out he was holding a brown bottle that had Lafite wine. "Is white okay". A Lafite, he asked walking to where Kaoru was. Only to find Kaoru laying on the table of the bar his glasses still on sleeping. Joe let out a sigh knowing he won't be up for a bit. He poured a glass of it into Kaoru empty wine glass. "ADAM is currently skating all by himself. He may be an amazing skater but I am sure he's not happy the way things are now. At least not like he used to be. It may be the reason why he is different and why his skating ended up that way. But you know", he said after pouring Kaoru a glass he sat down right beside him. "We are not alone right Kaoru", he asked before giving Kaoru a look. Kaoru who was still peacefully sleeping. Joe smiled and took Kaoru glasses off and set them down beside him. Before pouring himself his own glass and toasting it against Kaoru glass. Before he began to drink it. As he was drinking the wine Joe felt himself flash back on a series of memories. The moment he met Kaoru when they were kids, when they met ADAM, everything that happened because of that, and their history. Joe could help but break into a smile as he looked at Kaoru with a tender look. As Joe continued to reflect on their history. He remembered the whole reason he started flirting with women in the first place. It was to at first to Kaoru to get jealous, but after they met ADAM and Joe could see how Kaoru looked at him when he thought Joe wasn't looking, he did it so he could distract himself from what he was feeling toward his friend. It didn't work he was constantly comparing his partners to Kaoru. Sure one might be handsome or pretty but Kaoru was far more pretty. One might be smart but Kaoru was far smarter. One might be able to code but Kaoru was better. There were so many things Joe loved about Kaoru. He couldn't name one thing he didn't love about Kaoru. He couldn't even remember when he first starting liking Kaoru. It just happened but Joe knew that he wasn't that for Kaoru. He could have the one thing he wanted. He knew this and it tore him up. Why did it have to be ADAM who broke Kaoru heart? Why should this man be loved by anyone else but him. And why couldn't he protect him. Are questions that Joe kept asking himself especially during "S". Which is why he kept flirting with both men and women. Even having one night stands. To try and get his mind off Kaoru and not remind himself who Kaoru would rather have. Joe ran his hand through his hair. He leaned over to Kaoru before kissing Kaoru cherry blossomed hair. "I love you", he whispered softly. Before pulling his head up. When he saw Kaoru had opened his eyes. Letting out a yawn. Picking up his glasses from where Joe left them. Joe hopped he hadn't heard what he had said. But sadly fate and the author-chan had other plans for him. Because at that moment Joe saw that Kaoru eyes were now wide open looking right at him. 

"How long have you been in love with me?"

"You weren't supposed to hear that"

"Well I did now answer the question"

Joe's face went red. He was half tempted to make another excuse but at this point there was no turning back. "Not even I know how long it has been. One day I just looked across from you. I saw you being you and I thought I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life being with you and getting to know you"

'Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"You always seemed to be looking at ADAM. So I thought it was no use"

"Idiot gorilla I was trying to move on from you. But I guess you can't just let me go"

"So you never loved ADAM?"

"Maybe at one time I might have felt something but now"

"Now what"

Kaoru face was red. Kaoru pulled Joe by the collar and kissed him on the lips. "Haven't you ever wondered why I haven't had a partner in a long time?"

"Not really I just thought it was because you were a AI nerd", Joe teased.

"No because I kept comparing them to you. Sure one cooked well but you cooked better. Sure one was strong but you were stronger. It didn't help you were constantly flirting with both men and women"

"Idiot the only reason I even flirted was to district myself from you. Which only seemed to work for a time before I was remained of you"

"I swear you are an idiot", Kaoru says.

"That makes two of us", Joe said before Kaoru pulled him down for another kiss. After coming up for air. "So what does this make us?"

Kaoru pulled Joe by his collar yet again before kissing him once again. "What do you think?"

Joe smiled and looked Kaoru with eyes full of love. His heart beating out of his chest yet so full of love. He loved the man right in front of him. And he was never going to let go of him again.

"But I swear if you try to cheat on me I will make you pay"

"I would never that not with you Kaoru"

"I will hold you to that"

"I expect nothing else from you", Joe said with a smile and before Kaoru could say anything else. He pulled Kaoru in for another kiss. Before whispered another I love you.

"I love you to you idiot gorilla", Kaoru responded. As the two spent the rest of the night enjoying one another company and establishing their new relationship after years of denial.

A/N: Ep Nine was tough ep to get through. It just goes to show how toxic ADAM is. But it also shows how much Kojiro cares for Kaoru. Through I hate to admit it from the way teenager Kaoru looked at ADAM I think and I don't think I am the only to think this. I have read fanfic that says this but Kaoru had a crush on ADAM before he went toxic skater DIO/Hisoka. I can't blame him ADAM looked happy but then things changed and ADAM changed with them and not in a good way. He turned into not a so great person. I mean it would be one thing if it was just flirting with Langa. I might not think this is amazing at times but I have seen things with age differences. But what ADAM does isn't good. He not only flirts with Langa but spies on Langa and does very creepy things towards Langa. Against Langa will and that isn't okay at all. Not only that but the way he hit Kaoru with no thought at all isn't amazing either. I mean not only that would his actions would be seen as illegal but since "S" is also illegal nobody can know. Hopefully Snake brings ADAM down. Because I think if Snow (aka the person ADAM calls his EVE aka Langa) does it I am afraid that he will go even further down the dark path that he is on. I mean Reki is feeling like shit. His confidence his shot and Langa broke his promise. Reki is going down a path like Langa but it is much darker. Who knows if he will be able to come back. I hope by the end both of them get their shit together and make up. Same for Kaoru and Joe for their denial of their feelings. There is something their. At the very least Joe feels something to Kaoru. But that is all I have to say for now. 

Signed,

-Author-chan