Masquerade

Kojiro and Kaoru were people who always seemed to be bickering. Their hardly seemed to be a moment where they wouldn't be bickering. At least that is what people thought. But in actually they weren't always like they. Sure they did bicker but they still cared for each other. They rarely got into real fights the only real fight being when Kojiro left for Italy. That fight had lasted around a month or so before one of them had given in. Yet this fight had been different from all of the others. This is a fight that resulted in some unexpected results.

The fight had started the way their fights seemed to be starting recently. The name of ADAM being brought up. At this point Kojiro patient manner had already been tested. He was tired of hearing about ADAM. It had been bad enough hearing Kaoru mooning over him in high school. But now after he had long since left him. Yet that's all Kaoru seemed to talk about. So a harmless fight soon turned into something more bitter. Their usual insults being hit even harder then usual. They kept exchanging insult after insult until it finally hit the climax. Kojiro had been tired of hearing about ADAM and unlike usually when he kept quiet. This time he had quite a bit to say. "You know it's been eight years since what happened yet you are still mooning over him"

"I am not," Kaoru retorted.

"Yes you are why don't you give up already. He had up until recently left us. Had it not been for what happened, he probably wouldn't even remember who we are. Seriously Kaoru why do you moon over him"

"Oh this is rich coming from you. You who flirt with nearly anyone with a pulse," Kaoru retorted his voice raising.

"At least I am not hung up with someone who had left us"

Kaoru let out a cruel laugh and it hurt Kojiro so much more then he would admit. "Again that is rich coming from you considering you left me for Italy"

"Well I had to get my education and it's not like their is alot of Italian places in Okinawa", Kojiro said his voice raising as well. The two got closer and their foreheads were pressing against each other.

"More like you couldn't wait to leave me," Kaoru responded.

"Is that what you truly think Kaoru? That I wanted to LEAVE YOU," Kojiro asked his voice getting even more loud.

"Yes considering you left me for Italy"

"Kaoru I left because," Kojiro was about to say when he remembered if he said the true reason he left. He would destroyed the any remains of their friendship that was left. A friendship that was already on the threads as it is.

"Because why?!," Kaoru demanded voice even higher.

"I," Kojiro stuttered voice now quieter now unsure what to say.

"I know to get away for me you don't have to lie to me. After all I am is a demanding person who always pushes everyone away. From my own family, ADAM, even you"

"Kaoru I", Kojiro tried to say something but words seemed to have failed him.

"You what?"

"I"

"Just as I thought. Just get out already," Kaoru demanded.

"Kaoru I"

"Just get out", Kaoru said his voice even louder. Kojiro let out a sigh knowing how much this was screwed up. He wanted to say something but he knew if he were to say something now. It would once again come out all wrong and things would get even worse then they already were. So he walked out of Kaoru apartment. His heart heavy as he took once last look at Kaoru before closing the door. The moment Kojiro left Kaoru fell to the floor and cried. Something that he hadn't done since Kojiro had left for Italy. A number of days go by with Kaoru or Kojiro talking to one another. At first Kojiro had reached out but Kaoru left every message unread and eventually Kojiro gave up. The two avoided each other. Something that other around them noticed. Every time Kaoru was there Kojiro seemed to be out of sight and vise verse. Until finally it was the evening of a masquerade party. It had been a party that ADAM had insisted on hosting as an exclusive "S" event. Both Kojiro and Kaoru had gotten invites they were to be expected as founders. Through the two were in a fight they couldn't skip out on their duties. Plus who knows what ADAM might do if they didn't attend. While ADAM seemed to be a bit better after Langa. No one could be too careful. So Kaoru and Kojiro had no choice but to attend.