Rainy Days

A/N: Welcome to the midnight release of my MatchaBlossom fanfic. To those who are up. Whether that be because you are reading or because you feel like it. Or to those who are reading it in the early morning. None the less I welcome you to this. Anyway when I wrote this it was raining. So I thought this would be a good one shot to write. Now I will warn you some of these people will be a little out of character. But it will be needed for the plot. Either way I hope you enjoy this.

Kaoru had always hated the rain. Because with rain came darkness. Something that Kaoru had hated. Having been used to the dark for a number of years. It didn't help that Joe was currently in Italy. Making Kaoru miss not only his best friend but his sun. And the moment that rain would begin to fall. He would feel a sense of dread creep up on him. As the rain continued to fall one by one. The sky getting darker and darker with each passing moment. Kaoru kept trying to keep his mind off the sounds of rain falling. But as the night started to come closer and closer and the rain continuing to fall it was starting to get worse. At times like this Kaoru wished that Joe was back home. No matter how many times they fought Joe always seemed to be able to calm him down. Yet here he was feeling alone without his sun. At least that was until his phone started to ring. Kaoru looked to see the name Gorilla on it. At that moment Kaoru felt his heart get higher as he answered the call putting the call on speaker. "Don't you have other people to annoy you dopey gorilla", Kaoru asked acting as if this person didn't make him feel better.

"Rude much maybe I should hang up", Joe responded. Causing Kaoru to feel his heart drop a little. But none the less Kaoru kept his poker face on.

"I don't care either way"

'As emotionless as ever I see"

"Just because I am not someone who always let's their emotions get the best of them. Like a certain gorilla doesn't mean I have no emotions"

"Sure whatever you say four eyes"

"For the hundredth time I don't wear glasses. So I see no reason for you to call me four eyes"

"Yes but with the amount of time you spend coding in the dark. You might just become one"

"At least I am not a dopey gorilla unlike someone I know", Kaoru countered. The two continued to bicker over the phone as they always seemed to do. Until finally they managed to get back on topic. "So why did you call me you dopey gorilla?"

"Can't I call my best friend for no other reason"

"Cut the bull crap Kojiro. You had to call me for some reason so spill", Kaoru said wanting to get to the point.

"As you known I have been learning to play guitar. And I have been wanting to play a certain song for a bit. And I thought I might play it for you"

"Seriously you called me at late at night just so you could play a song. You do know I have other things to do you dopey gorilla"

"Sure whatever you say four eyed nerd", Joe said before he started to warm up the guitar. As he started to sing a song. It was a song that Kaoru hadn't heard before. And was in English of all languages something that Kaoru didn't expect from Joe. Considering he had choose Italian to study. But that wasn't to say that Kaoru didn't enjoy hearing the song. The words Here comes the sun and it's alright kept repeating. As Kaoru felt his eyes grow heavy. As Joe continued to strum him guitar and sing. Joe had always been the better singer out of the two of them. So as Joe sang the last word. Leaving Kaoru in silence. "So what did you think", Joe asked?

"It's passable"

"Sure whatever you say Kaoru", Joe said.

"Now is there anything else you want because some people have to get to bed"

"No I suppose not but Kaoru", Joe started.

"Yes what is it dopey gorilla?"

"Sleep well okay"

Kaoru felt a faint blush creep over him. "You too whenever that happens", Kaoru said before quickly hanging up the phone. His heart racing. What Kaoru didn't know was that would be his feelings for Joe would begin to grow.

Years Later

It had been a number of years since Joe had gone to Italy and a number of things have changed since then. For one thing now Kaoru and Joe were finally together. Due to fate, the will of the fans, and the author. And now it was another rainy day. Sadly for Kaoru Joe was on a trip that was expected to last another night. Leaving Kaoru yet again without his sun. At least he thought until he was about to when he heard a knock at the door. Kaoru went to answer it and to his surprise he found Joe standing at the door. With a guitar in hand and a warm smile on his face. "Are you supposed to be on your trip you dopey gorilla", Kaoru asked with his hands crossed against his chest.

"And leave you all alone tesoro. If I did that then what kinda of boyfriend would I be?"

"Kojiro don't tell me you left the trip to visit me"

"So what if I did you are far more important then that trip. Besides I know how you get on rainy days"

"Seriously you can't do that Kojiro. Get back to the trip now", Kaoru said trying to usher Joe out the door.

"I'm kidding Kaoru. Actually the trip ended sooner then expected so I wanted to surprise my amazing boyfriend now is that so wrong?"

Kaoru's face went red in his cheeks. "I suppose not", Kaoru said trying not to look at Joe. Before he remembered what Joe said about how he got on rainy days. "Wait how did you know how I get on rainy days"

"A little late to ask that isn't it Kaoru? Besides what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't even know that about my own boyfriend?"

"A shitty boyfriend I guess", Kaoru said looking away but his blush could be seen to the tips of his ears.

"And we wouldn't want that now would we", Joe asked before going to the couch and taking a seat. Kaoru following behind him and taking a seat next to Joe. Joe begin to strum the guitar. A song that Kaoru recognized vaguely.

"Seriously you are still playing that song?"

"Well I didn't see you complain the first time so yes"

"Well maybe I want another song"

"Okay then what song do you want", Joe asked? Kaoru hadn't expected to be asked that.

"You are going to play what you want either way. So might as well get it over with", Kaoru said trying to hide his beating heart and red tipped ears.

"Sure whatever you say tesero", Joe said with a certain smile. Before he started to sing the song he had sang all that time ago. Kaoru soon giving into the song. Slowly swaying his head along with the song. His eyes growing heavy with every note Joe sang. And before he knew it everything was black. But before Kaoru was out. He asked himself how he got so lucky to have such a sun? As Kaoru slept quietly. Joe gave Kaoru a warm look. Seeing his lover so at peace. Because this was what mattered to them. That they were together with each other. Through sunny days and rainy nights. And that was what mattered to them at the end of the day. This continuing for a number of years which was fine for the both of them. As long they were together nothing else mattered.

A/N: Sorry about the crappy ending. For some reason I can't seem to end as well as I used to so yeah. Sorry about that. Anyway with the rain I just thought here comes the sun would be great. Especially since Joe is often thought of as the sun. So yeah. Oh and what happens here isn't realistic at times. I get it but it's fanfic can do whatever it wants so yeah. Oh and good news from here on out you will get updates at least once every week until Joe's Birthday. Because I was able to stock pile enough chapters until then. So yeah you have those to look forward too. Next week I will be covering Expectations and Mr. Perfect. It being based on the song Little Miss. Perfect. The cover being done by Caleb Hyles. A singer on Youtube that you might have heard of. Anyway you have that to look forward to. But until then farewell.