MatchaBlossom First Pride Month

A/N:  First thing is first welcome to everyone. From you late night readers, to the early morning ones, and even the regular ones. Everyone is welcome here. Other then that surprise you were expecting something else. Well sorry it is instead this because it is pride month. I promise that the next update will be one of the things I mentioned last time. But since it is pride month I thought it was time to do a MatchaBlossom pride month. Now I will tell you I can't say out accurate it will be. Having never been to one myself. But I will try my best to do this justice.

Kaoru was never the type of person you would call shy about his sexuality. He had known the minute he was old enough to understand feelings. That he was more into guys more then he would ever be into girls. That is not to say he disliked women. Kaoru had quite a few female friends but even with that. He much preferred guys over girls. Something that his dad never liked about him. Who seemed to try everything within in his power to try and make Kaoru straight. From building cars to just doing things people saw as straight. But nothing seemed to change about Kaoru. He reminded gay. So instead of embracing his sexuality Kaoru kept it locked tightly in himself. He didn't make any moves towards any guys. For fear that it would get back to his dad. And this continued to for a number of years. That was until Kaoru finally decided to tell Kojiro his best friend since forever. During which Kaoru was scared half to death. That Kojiro would unfriend him after hearing. But Kaoru couldn't keep it hidden forever. What Kaoru didn't know was that everything he had thought about Kojiro might not have been true. Because when he did tell Kojiro. He was accepting of Kaoru. Unlike Kaoru's own father. What Kaoru didn't know at the time were the feelings that were lingering inside Kojiro. And the statement that Kaoru had said had given Kojiro hope. But nothing would happen between the two of them after that. At least not for a number of years. During which the two always seemed to dance around their feelings for each other. But that isn't the story that is going to be told. At least not today. The story that is being told is the day Kaoru and Kojiro went to the U.S to celebrate their very first Pride Month. It was here where things begin to change.

It had been just been recently since the two had finally stopped dancing around their feelings for each other. And now after a number of years were finally a couple. Something that brought the two of them more joy then either of them would care to admit in public. And now here they were on a plane bound for the U.S to celebrate something dear to both of them. That being Pride Month. A month that was a major thing especially in the U.S where everyone could be apart of it. With the biggest parade being located in New York. But they weren't going to New York. Due to the fact Kaoru was never one for big crowds that crowds that were huge in New York. No instead the two of them had planned on going to California for their first pride parade. Both of them very excited. With both of them working overtime and making the arrangements to take off work. So now here they were in California. Both excited even if Kaoru wouldn't admit it. Now they were sitting outside in a nearby park. Kaoru holding bucket of paints. With brushes. With Kojiro facing him his back to Kaoru. As he painted his back in the colors of pink, purple, and blue on Kojiro back. "Must you insist that I paint this on your bareback?"

"Yes because I am sure you would love to graffiti my shirts like that one time"

"Well at least it would bring some colors to those poor shirts of yours"

"Well sorry four eyes sadly for you I rather not have my shirts be graffitied on"

"Ah yes because you love showing your chestcals don't you thirsty gorilla",

"Whose's thirsty you four eyes?"

"You of course considering you always insist on being shirtless now don't you", Kaoru asked with a certain look in his eye. As the two continued to bicker as usual. Because through the two were now together that didn't mean they stopped bickering. The two continuing to do so until finally the paint had dried. And Joe had shown his arms showing off the paint and his sun tattoo to anyone who was walking around. As Kaoru who had gotten a drink was now sipping it bitterly. Mumbling stupid gorilla under his breath. While him eventually walking away to sit on a bench as he continued to watch Kojiro do his thing. While Kaoru knew Kojiro would never cheat on him. He was still bitter about how much Kojiro would showboat around at times. After a while Kojiro could see the look his boyfriend had and went over to him.

"Now Kaoru you know I love you right?"

"Oh yeah because you totally weren't showboating your tattoo to all the locals", Kaoru said as he turned away from Kojiro.

"Do I sense jealousy from you", Kojiro asked throwing a guess in the dark.

"Perhaps you do after all you are my boyfriend", Kaoru said with a growl. Wanting to pull Kojiro down but then remembers he had no shirt on. But then Kaoru got an idea. He went to Kojiro ear. "And maybe I will need to remind you of that", he said in a husky voice. Causing Kojiro to go red in the face. Something that wasn't often seen from him. As he followed besides Kaoru as they continued to kiss along the way. Until they were behind the closed doors of their hotel room. Let's just say that later they would have to buy a white shirt that Kaoru would have to paint on since Kojiro back was no longer a option. Either way by the end of the day both of them had changed from what they had been wearing at the start of the day. Kaoru now out of his usual blue yukata instead of his more western style wear. As the two of them stood hand in hand waiting for the parade. Excited for what the rest of the trip would hold. Both happier then they had ever been. Being in a state and being able to embrace who they were. Especially Kaoru who here didn't have to hide who he was. Who could now proudly show off his wonderful boyfriend unlike in Okinawa. As the two watched as the parade went by happier then they had ever been. Happy to be with each other and able to be who they truly were and together. Which at the end of the day was all that really mattered to them.

END

A/N: I am so sorry about the crappy ending. I just can't seem to write endings these days. Maybe it is because of the number of MatchaBlossom fanfic I have written recently. Or it could be something else. Either way I am sorry for another not so great ending. Oh and if any of this is unrealistic I am so sorry. As I mentioned at the top I have never been to a pride parade. So I really don't have much experience with it. Or pride month in general. So yeah. None the less I hoped you enjoyed it. And I wish you all a happy pride month. Other then that see you all until the next update.