Offended (GP)

A woman steps out of the operating theatre, snapping the gloves off with the help of assistant residents. "How long?" She heard a voice, darting her eyes to see Minju washing her hands, seemingly done with her surgery.

"Under two," she replied, going next to her, and washing her hands thoroughly. "Ooo~ Ahn Yujin." the girl cooed and heard a soft snicker.

"Too bad, I did that under an hour." Minju dries her hands, glancing at Yujin who gave her a subtle glare. "Quick hands." Minju wiggled her fingers and got smacked in the head by someone passing by.

"Stop competing with each other. You should know better being the best general surgeons in Angels. People's lives are at stake." Dr Kang, their fellow neurosurgeon, nagged with a clipboard in her hand. Minju rubbed her head, seeing how Yujin was silently laughing, making her way out. "Aish..."

Minju chased after her, going out and notifying family members of their successful operations. "Wanna go eat?" she asked Yujin who walked towards where her office was, glancing at the clock. "I think I'll take a nap," she replied.

"You always sleep during your break times." Minju puckered her lips. "I barely get any," Yujin spoke, entering her office and shutting Minju out.

"She can be so cold," she said, shaking her head.

Knock

Yujin raised her head from her table, seeing Minju entering her office. "I thought you were asleep," she said, seeing the taller girl visibly awake. "Not until you came in."

Minju pressed her lips together. "Here." she placed a packet of bento in front of her, seeing Yujin look up. "What's this?"

"Food, dumbass. Sometimes I wonder how you became one of the top surgeons here." Minju mumbled, sitting on the chair opposite her. "Thanks," Yujin said, taking the container out of the bag.

"Where's Chaewon? She always visits you at this hour." Minju said, looking at the small clock on the table. She then saw how Yujin's expression went uneasy, slowly picking Japanese rice with her chopsticks.

The latter shook her head. "We broke up." she shoves the food into her mouth. Minju's mouth went agape before shutting it. "That's harsh," she whispered and leaned back into the chair, the atmosphere turning slightly awkward.

"Why do you always bring me food?" Yujin asks, looking at Minju who glanced at her. "What why? I'm worried for you, that's why." Minju chuckled, spinning in her chair.

"You're worried for me?" The latter nodded. "We may always compete, but at the end of the day, we both lead similar lives. I get how it feels." Minju said, crossing her legs. "It's tiring."

Yujin blinked a few times and nodded, going back to eating her food. "Similar lives." she softly mumbled. Were our lives too different? That's why she broke up with me? Yujin thought, tilting her head and glancing at Minju who was minding her own business, scrolling through her phone.

"Then how about you?" Yujin asked. "What about me?" Minju says, looking up from her phone.

"You went through a break up recently?" Minju looked at her weirdly. "No. I don't date people. Have no time for that." she said, chuckling softly.

"You said you did." Minju tilted her head. "Oh, Hitomi?" Yujin nodded. She leaned nearer to the taller girl. "Casual hook up." Minju smiled and snickered.