Hm? (GB)

Request by pandecocohater

It's another typical day in school, with students dreading the endless heaps of work assigned by teachers who wish for them to focus in class.

The class president walked into class and started going around to collect homework that was due. "Thank you," she spoke, taking it from a student, voice getting recognised by a guy in a grey hoodie who fell asleep during break time.

He fluttered his eyes open when he heard someone tapping on his table. "Ahn Yujin, homework," she asked, reaching out her hand.

Yujin sluggishly lifted his head, finding her marginally annoying, the glare from her nametag nearly blinding him as he looked at her with dull eyes. "What?" she showed the stack of papers while he just looked at her.

He then pulled the hood over his head and laid back down on the table. Why does she like to bug me so much? Yujin ignored the girl who squatted down, levelling her gaze with him.

He's kinda cute. "Did you not do it again?" Minju gently asked as he opened his eyes to see her face right in front of his. Yujin couldn't help but stare at how her eyelids slowly flutter, rays of sunlight enhancing those brown eyes of hers.

She's pretty. Yujin felt his heart beating loudly, heat soaring up to his cheeks as he shoved his face into his arms and looked at the floor. What's wrong with me?

"It's here." Minju suddenly spoke upon seeing what she was looking for being trapped under Yujin's arms. She tugged on the worksheet, startling the guy who lifted his arm without looking at her.

Minju found it weird but shrugged since he has always been like this, not fond of socialising with others. Sitting alone at the back of the class speaks for itself.

Days and weeks passed, Yujin found himself being in places where Minju would be, just a few meters away. Whether it was the teacher's office where he stares at her helping teachers despite him getting scolded for being late or hanging somewhere near the library that he rarely goes to.

But he doesn't talk to her at all. More like, not knowing how to when he sucks at doing that, afraid something might just slip out accidentally.

He strolls along the shelves, glancing at Minju who was picking out some books for her reading. Yujin's legs instinctively brought him towards her when he saw Minju straining to get a book from the top shelf.

The latter raised his hand, reaching for that book with Minju flinching and turning around to see a guy alarmingly close to her.

He stoops down and got lost in her eyes, holding onto whatever book she wanted. "Thank you," she said, extending her hand but Yujin withdrew the book from her.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "I wasn't helping you," he spoke grimly, putting a hand into his pocket.

Minju blinked in confusion. "You rarely come here." she implied while the guy cleared his throat. "And you do?" Of course she does.

"Yeah. This is probably the first time I see you here, but if you wanna read that then go ahead." Minju gave up on that book and walked towards where the empty tables are as Yujin glanced at the book he was holding onto.

"All you need to know about the human reproduc—" he lets out an embarrassed sigh and looked at the girl, deciding to follow her.

Yujin discreetly sat opposite her while Minju looked up. "Are you following me?" she asked, narrowing her eyes in question. "No. Do you own this place?" Minju shook her head.