Chapter 30

Angela's pov
------------------------

Darkness.

That's all I see. Complete and utter darkness.

It feels heavy, uncomfortable and almost paranormal. I tried opening my eyes but realized that they were open. As soon as I found myself swallowed up in complete nothingness - not being able to see my own two hands - I started to panic.

I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out. Not a single sound.

Where am I? What is happening?

Suddenly the sound of two people talking caught my attention. As soon as I turned toward the voices, a sudden light appeared.

I'm in a backyard. Surrounded by beautiful flowers.

I'm caught off guard as a small kid runs past me. It's a girl.

It's me?

Maybe six or seven years old?

She stops running to look behind her. She frowns and places her small hands on her hips. "Can you walk a little faster. I don't have all day." She rolls her eyes.

For a second I thought she was talking to me but soon realized she was talking to someone behind me.

"You actually do have all day. It's not like you have anything else going on." A small boy appears, walking past me, ignoring my seven year old self's glare.

Who's he? 

He gives her cheek a sloppy little kiss before quickly running past her and towards a cute little swing.

He laughs as she makes a face and wipes her cheek. "Gross." She shrieks as she runs after him.

The sound of my laughter echos as I'm suddenly somewhere else.

It looks as if I'm in some kind of small house. A cabin maybe?

My younger self walks into the room, with that same boy again. But my breath hitches as I see his arm thrown over her shoulder and her trying to help him inside. He's limping and his breathing is uneven.

She is so much smaller then him but she remains strong and carries him towards the small couch.

"Everything will be okay. I'll take care of you." She says softly as she grabs an first aid kit.

As I move closer I catch sight of the boy's face. He looks familiar. There's something about his . . . his eyes.

His eyes. A beautiful shade of gray.  As gray as thick, prowling clouds in a thunderstorm - which catches my attention easily.

He smiles at her as she puts some ice onto his bruised cheek. His eyes sparkles with something warm and loving. My heart actually melts at the sight.

But the scene in front of me quickly changes, as everything starts to move around me. I start to feel dizzy as different scenes starts playing out in front of me.

It's like I'm reliving all my childhood memories all at once.

"Did you know that you're not allowed to break pinky promises?"
"What would happen if I do?"
"Bad things would happen,duh."
He laughs.
"Fine. I won't ever break my promises."
"Good."