Chapter 58

Later that day, Amara had gone with Sunghoon to the Hybe Building. They had wanted her to be present for a Vlive they were doing. The staff helped her to sit down in the background, but close enough for her to see. She pulled her jacket around her body tightly, as she was cold from coming in from the weather, which was very windy and cloudy, with a possible chance of rain. She watched as the staff set up the camera and everything else needed for their live.

Their manager, Mr. Kim, came over to her.

"Do you need anything? Maybe a drink or snack?" he asked her, with a warm smile.

He was much nicer than their previous manager. He'd always been mean and cruel to her. Even when they were all still friends. Before she dated TXT. But, she never said anything because she didn't want to seem like she was being petty. Even though it wouldn't have seemed that way.

"Oh, no thank you. I have some water. And I'm not that hungry at the moment. Thank you though, Mr. Kim," she assured him.

He bowed his head and went to go stand next to a staff member. Amara sat quietly as she watched their live. She noticed that for most of it, Heeseung was quiet. He was usually a quiet person, as it is. He sometimes had his bursts of energy and he would be excited and talk and laugh and be the loudest. But, most of the time he was mainly quiet and just observed and listened while the others did their thing.

She found herself staring at his profile, taking in everything about him. His milky skin, the way his pink hair reminded her of cotton candy, how he looked mysterious with his hat pulled down over his face, to where she could only see his nose and his mouth. The way his sweater sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, exposing his arms. She just stared at everything about him.

She admired everything he was as a person.

Heeseung looked away from the activity they were doing and put his attention on Amara, to find her staring at him. When he met her eyes, she felt her heart speed up. He smiled in her direction. That beautiful smile. He did this about three or four times, never failing to stare at her and smile. And each time, she felt like the world had stopped for a second, time slowing down.

But, there was a problem with that. He wasn't the only one she noticed staring at her. And he wasn't the only one that made Amara feel like time was stopping around her.

Jake also made her feel that way. Just like Heeseung, he made her feel like her heart just stopped completely. Which made no sense, because that wouldn't be possible without her dying. But, it somehow felt like that. And she wasn't sure why. Jake even tease her by giving her a playful wink in her direction.

That alone made her feel like she'd had a heart attack. When she had collected herself, she forced herself to look away from them both. If she kept looking, she was bound to lose her sanity.

As much as Amara adored them, she could only handle so much.