Chapter 43

A couple of hours had passed by, since lunch time. Amara was in her room, sitting on her bed. She was clenching and unclenching her hands. She was nervous. Not about celebrating her birthday. Not about being around the others. All of that was nothing.

It was the fact that TXT was coming.

She had hoped that they'd all said no when they'd been asked in the group chat. Apparently not. They were coming. Jay had told her that all but Kai were coming. But, he admitted to not being for sure about that. He was just going off of Taehyun saying that they were going. Even he wasn't sure if Kai was coming or not. The fact that even just those four were coming, made her nervous. She hasn't exactly been around them much, since the break up. The most she's spoken to either of them, was when Beomgyu took her to the hospital and explained everything.

Amara came out of her thoughts, when somebody knocked on her bedroom door.

"Are you okay?" Sunghoon's voice filtered in from behind the closed door.

"I'm... No.." she admitted, sighing.

He opened the door and came in, seeing her sitting on the bed. He closed it behind him and walked over, sitting next to her. She hadn't even gotten dressed. She was still in her pajamas.

"What's the matter? Is it them?" Sunghoon asked her, getting a nod in response.

"Do you want me to tell them not to come? You don't have to face them if you're not ready," he put a hand on her back.

She shook her head, sighing again.

"No, it's fine. I can't avoid them forever. I have to face them at some point. Now would be the best time. I don't think I'd do it any other time," she admitted, nodding to herself.

Sunghoon smiled and brushed her cheek, making her look up at him.

"You're so brave. You're doing good. You've got this," he tells her. Hearing those words from him, made her feeling a bit braver.

Amara smiled in return. Sunghoon leaned down, placing a kiss on her cheek, right on the corner of her mouth, before hugging her tightly. It was just like him to not give an actual kiss, and instead just give a tease. She hugged him back, letting out a deep sigh.

"Thank you. That means a lot. I needed that," she mumbled into his shirt.

Their hug lasted a few seconds, before he pulled away. He gently squished her face, teasing her and making her giggle.

"Come out when you're ready," he said, getting up.

Sunghoon ruffled her hair softly, before walking out and pulling the door closed behind him.

Amara got up from her bed, having more motivation. She's got this!