Chapter 18

When the two had gotten to her apartment, it was quiet. Jungwon tried to help her sit, but she refused.

"Maybe he's right, maybe I did ruin everything for them. Maybe it really is my fault," she said, breaking the silence that had been between them this entire time.

He looked at her, frowning as he heard this. She sniffled and finally took her attention off the floor, looking up at the taller male. Her eyes were red and her cheeks were stained from all the crying she'd been doing.

"Don't say that. None of this is your fault," he tells her,

"It is, though. The company is upset with them, and it's my fault. I shouldn't have said anything. Maybe I should go through with it..." she whispered, looking away again.

"No!" Jungwon's loud response startled her, but she kept staring at the floor.

He put his hands on her face and forced her to look up at him, catching her off guard. She had no choice but to look at him. Any other person could've easily looked away, but not her. His eyes were very captivating, so she couldn't. Even if she wanted to.

"You're not going to do that to yourself. It doesn't matter what he said or what he thinks. This isn't about him, it's about you. Nobody else. Only you matter," Jungwon tells her, his voice serious and authoritative.

Something that didn't happen often. Until now, he never really had a need for it.

"But, I'm--"

"No, listen to me! He doesn't matter. The others don't matter. What they say and think, doesn't matter. The only person who matters, is you. Nobody else. If they're refusing to understand that, then so be it. That's not your problem. Not anymore," he interrupted her, his voice still firm.

Amara fell into silence, staring up at him. "You don't need any of this. You don't deserve it. Everything that's happening, is not your fault. Don't let them make you think that," Jungwon continued.

Amara slowly raised her hands and gripped on to his shirt sleeve. She sniffled, fresh tears leaving her eyes. He used his thumbs to gently wipe them away. He leaned down to her, as he was taller than her by a few inches. But, since he had long legs, it seemed like a lot more than it actually was. He put his forehead against hers. She closed her eyes as he did.

"Please, don't. You'll only regret it later and I don't want you going through that. I can't stand to see you in so much pain. I can't take any of it away. I want to and I wish I could. But, I can't and I hate it. I hate it so much...," Jungwon said softly,

She stayed quiet as she listened to him. "I just want to be able to make it all go away," He whispered.

She felt more tears leave her eyes, gripping his sleeve tightly.

After a moment, he straightened again. He helped her to sit on the couch. This time, she didn't fight him and sat down. He left to get her some water and gave it to her. She took it slowly, reaching up and wiping her face, sniffling. She drank some of the water, feeling slightly better. She put it down on the table in front of her. He sat next to her, sighing softly. He looked at her for a moment, seeing how tired she was.

"Let's get you to bed. You need sleep," he said,

Amara nodded, not fighting him on this either. She agreed with him. She did need some sleep after what had happened. She felt like sleeping forever and never waking back up. Not if it meant she didn't have to deal with everything happening.