Chapter 23

Once her shift had ended, Amara bought lunch at a nearby small restaurant, before heading to the Hybe building. She took the elevator to the floor that the guys would be on. While she waited, she looked down at the bag of food she was holding. She hoped that they were hungry and hadn't eaten yet.

While she was thinking this, a passing thought made her frown. She remembered the dinner she had with her exes, before they were her exes. It was the last dinner they'd shared together as couples. The smile she'd been wearing, faded away. She shook the thought from her head, sighing. No, don't think about them. If you do, it will only make it harder for you to move on. It was already hard for her. She didn't need to make it harder.

The elevator dinged, getting her attention. As the doors opened, she stepped off and made her way down the hallway. She got to the door she wanted and reached out, about to open it...

"Amara," a voice stopped her from opening the door.

She looked up, seeing that Soobin was standing a few feet away. Seeing him made her feel sick. Not in a disgust way. Just in a way that she wasn't sure how to feel. His presence made her nervous. She looked away from him and was about to open the door again.

"No, wait!" Soobin called out and quickly came over.

He gently grabbed her hand, but she'd already opened the door. "Get off of me!" Amara cried out, the studio door swinging open.

The music that had been playing, suddenly stopped. She stumbled into the room, with Soobin stumbling after her. He looked up, seeing the 7 members of Enhypen staring at him. He quickly let go of her hand, dropping it and straightening himself out. Amara breathed heavily, her heart racing. She put the bag of food down, so she wouldn't drop it.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jay snapped at Soobin.

"I was just wanting to talk to her. Before she came in," he said, reaching up and running a hand through his hair,

"I don't want to talk to you! Or the others! You all lost that chance when you ignored me for weeks on end!" Amara said, surprising him.

He looked at her, his eyes wide at her outburst,

"But, we--"

"Just leave me alone!" she cried, tears filling her eyes

Seeing them made him feel terrible and he felt his heart breaking. He always hated seeing her cry. He frowned.

"But..." he mumbled,

She turned away from him and ran towards the Enhypen members. He watched her run right into the arms of Seonwoo, who held her tightly.

"You should leave," Jungwon tells him.

Soobin frowned and sighed, "Okay. I'm sorry for the disturbance..." he said softly, before leaving.

Amara watched him for a moment, before turning her face into Seonwoo's chest, wanting to hide away from the world.