ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

Woody has struggled to get the rangers attention from the milk crate under the toolbox. Y/n and Buzz stared into space as they were both stuck strapped to the rocket, looking down at their feet.

"Psst! Pst! Hey, guys!" Woody tried to whisper at them. He picked up a little metal washer and threw it at Buzz. When he couldn't get him to look up, he threw one at Y/n who had her legs up to her chest.

They slowly look up at Woody. "Hey! One of you get over here and the other can help push this toolbox off me." He quietly said to the space rangers, but they just went back to being gloomy.

"I.. Buzz, Y/n, I can't do this without either of you. I need your help." Buzz shook his head at the statement. "We can't, I can't. I couldn't even help Y/n get out of here." Y/n puts her helmet on and proceeds to look down.

"Why, sure you can, Buzz. You can get the three of us out of here and then we'll get you both off of that rocket, and we'll make a break for Andy's house." Woody tried to convince them to move an inch.

"Andy's house, Sid's house, what's the difference?" Y/n asked.

"For the first time, I'm convinced Woody, we're not real space rangers. We're toys.. stupid, significant toys." They looked at themselves.

"Woah, hey wait a minute.. Being a toy is a lot better than being a space ranger or alien." They shook their heads and scoffed. "Yeah.." "Right." "No, it is. Look, over in that house is a kid who thinks you both are the greatest, and it's not because you're a space ranger or you're an alien, Y/n."

She sneered. "It's because you're both toys! You are his toy!" "But... why would Andy want us?"

"Why would Andy want you?! Look at yourselves! The both of you are Buzz Lightyear and Y/n the alien. Any toy would give up his moving parts just to be either one of you. You got wings, you can glow in the dark, you talk, your helmets do that.. that SWOOSH thing and your antennas can move around by themselves. You both are cool toys."

Woody looked at himself after describing what they are.

"As a matter of fact, you're too cool. I mean, what chance does a toy like me have against a Buzz Lightyear or Y/n the Alien action figure? All I could do is-" He pulled his string and a small voice comes out. "there's a snake in my boot!"

Woody looks at the ground and swallowed his pride away. "Why would Andy ever want to play with me? He's got you guys. I'm the one who's supposed to be strapped to the rocket." He limps himself.

Y/n stared up at Woody and pushed against the rocket to show Buzz an idea. His head perked up at the thought and nodded. They stood up as Y/n puts her feet on the wall while Buzz pushes the crate. "Y/n? Buzz? What are you doing? I thought you were.."

Y/n shook her head, although he couldn't see her. "Sheriff, there's a kid waiting for you next door and he would look for you even if it's the end of the world. If he could do that, so could you!" "Now let us get you out of this thing."

Woody nodded and started to help them. "Yes sir!" He pushed the crate as best as he could. It was very slow progress, but it was working. "I.. got it!" Y/n's body was farther from the wall but saw something move out the window. "Moving van! Guys.." They went quicker and Woody slipped out of the crate.

"Alright guys, I'm out!" He looked up at the toolbox that was falling towards him. "Uh oh-" and BAM! Woody was crushed underneath.

Buzz and Y/n glance back at Sid who was sleeping with his bum in the air. "I wanna ride the pony.." He uttered and the two almost climbed down. The sound of the alarm ringing shocked them and they went back to being lifeless.

Sid woke up and the thought finally hits him. "Oh, yeah! Time for lift off!" He got out of bed and grabbed the rocket that had Y/n and Buzz on it. "To infinity and beyond!"

Evil kid went to the backyard and dropped the two on a milkcrate. "Hey, mom, where are the matches?! Oh- oh, wait, here they are, nevermind!"

Y/n saw Woody coming towards them. "Woody! C'mon! Get us out of this trap!" They struggled and the cowboy shushes them. "Wha? Woody, what are you doing?! This psychopath could come back any second!"

They froze as Sid approaches them. "Houston, all systems are go. Requesting permission to launch." Y/n felt her heart beat a million miles away.

He saw Woody laying on the ground. "Hey.. how did you get here?" Sid asked him before he thought it might've been Hannah who could've brought him down.

"Oh well, you and I could have a cookout later." He maliciously thought of burning him on the barbecue. "Ha ha ha.." And stuck a match in his holster. Sid carelessly tosses Woody onto the BBQ.

"Houston, do we have permission to launch? Uh.. roger, permission granted. You are confirmed at T minus 10 seconds."

Sid lights the match on fire and leaned into Y/n and Buzz. "And counting! 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!.." "Reach for the sky!" Woody cuts the counting off and Sid looks up in confusion. "What?

Woody's voice box continued to lure him closer and Sid rolled his eyes at him. "It's busted!"

Before he could throw him, Woody snarled. "Who ya calling busted, buster?" Sid flipped him over and over to see his pull string wasn't moving nor pulled.

"That's right, I'm talking to you, Sid Phillips. We don't like being blown up, Sid, or smashed, or ripped apart."

Sid fearfully looks at him back at forth "W-w-we?" "That's right, your toys." Multiple toys came from the dirt, sandbox, anywhere basically. The boy was stuck in shock to even yell in terror.

"From now on, you must take good care of your toys. Because if you don't, we'll find out, Sid. We toys can see everyyythinnnggg.."

Woody then unfroze his face. "So play nice!.." He warned. Sid screamed in horror and drops Woody. He ran back to his house as the toys cheer in victory.

"Woody! Help!" Y/n snapped her fingers. Woody went to them and helped them off of the launchpad. "Thanks." They shook hands and Buzz slapped Woody's before he could touch Y/n.

"Everyone say bye house!" "Bye house!" Andy waved. "You two! The van!" They all ran towards the fence to get to the road. "Gotta run! Thanks guys!" Woody quickly thanked Sid's toys and Y/n waved at them.

She ran herself faster than Buzz out of the fence and it broke a bit. "Nice going, Y/n!" Buzz puts a thumbs up and Y/n carried him on her back along the way. (Male wife and girl boss) "No problem, ranger!" And started to follow the moving van.

Her back couldn't carry the heavy plastic man she has and they stopped along the street. "Phew! That was-" The moving van nearly hits Buzz off her back as she ducks. "..close."

1258 words