ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

Y/n POV
Buzz and I jumped back, startled from the figure in front of us and we immediately aim our weapons at it. I look at the person skeptically and move a bit closer to Buzz as he does the same.

"Woah! Did I frighten you two?" He put his arms up and began talking. "Didn't mean to. Sorry. Howdy. My name is Woody, and this, is Andy's room. That's all I wanted to say."

I didn't move an inch as I continue pointing my weapon at this 'Woody'. He seemed to blabber on and on until I see a small star shaped badge on his chest. "Local law enforcement! It's about time you've arrived!" I put my wrist down and breathe a sigh of relief.

Buzz seemed to notice my sudden calmness and put his laser away as well. "We are Buzz Lightyear and Y/n the Alien, do not worry, she's with me. We're space rangers, Universe Protection Unit." Buzz explained as he walked around the planet. "Our ships must have crash landed here by mistake."

I study at where we are. 'interesting..' I think as I listen to the sheriff talk on about something. My heel pushes into the soft ground.

"We need to repair our turbo boosters, do you people still use fossil fuels or have you discovered crystallic fusion?" "Uhh.. well let's see, we have double A's?" No clue what those are..

I could see a few creatures move from the corner of my eye. "Watch yourself!" I warn the cowboy and jump on top of him. Buzz followed my warning and belly flopped on top of us. "Halt! Who goes there!"

"Ahh! Don't worry! We're friends!" A voice cried out and I see it came from a mutant lizard. I put my laser away and immediately went towards it. "Hello there!" I coo out and pat its head. "Oh?" It gasped.

"Y/n!" Buzz yelled at me "Stay in formation! Do you know these life forms?" He uttered towards the sheriff. "Yes!" He spat. "They're Andy's toys." I wonder who that could be.

Buzz got off Woody and assured the other creatures. "We are Buzz Lightyear and Y/n the Alien, do not worry, she-" "She's with you, yeah! We get it!" Woody rudely cut him off, making me give him a small glare.

"We come in peace!" Buzz said, making the lizard come up and shake our hands. "Oh! Am I glad you're not dinosaurs!" He cried, making both Buzz and I confused.

I heard the sheriff mumble something I couldn't hear until I heard the creatures gather around us, fawning at our gadgets and my antennas. "Say! What does that do?" The sweet lizard asked Buzz, pointing at his chest "I'll show you.."

Buzz pressed the button and out came a cute little melody. "Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!" Everyone fawned out, clearly impressed with his suit. "And what do those anttenas do?" The lizard turned towards me.

"This.." I felt my back push in and I could feel my antennas move around. They light up and everyone showered me with compliments, making myself feel bashful.

The dog talked with what sounded like a 'Southern accent' from what the large children explained. "Say! Woody's got something like that. His is a pull-string. Only it-"

"Only it sounds like a car ran over it." "Oh yeah, but not like these! These are some high quality sound systems! Probably copper wire."

A slotted pig came forward. "So, uh, where are you two from? Singapore? Hong Kong?" He listed places I've never heard of. "Well, um.. no" I tried speaking. "Actually, we're stationed up in the Gamma Quadrant of Sector 4." Buzz cuts in.

"As members of the elite Universe Protection Unit of the Space Ranger Corps. We both protect the galaxy from the threat of invasion from the evil Emperor Zurg, sworn enemy of the Galactic Alliance!" Buzz pointed out.

The spud seemed to be sinking in our explanation. "Oh really? Well I'm from Playskool" Play school? "And I'm from Mattel. Well, I'm not really from Mattel I'm actually from a smaller company that was purchased in a leverage buyout.."

3rd person
As Rex talked on and on about his little story to the two rangers, Woody stepped to Bo, his best friend, and continued to glare at Buzz and Y/n. "You'd think they'd never seen a new toy before.."

Bo shook her head before motioning to the now popular toys. "Well sure. Look at them! They've got more gadgets then a Swiss Army knife." She smiled as she saw Y/n look around curiously. 'How cute!' She thought.

Slinky, or the strange hotdog, pressed one of Buzz's lasers until Buzz stopped him.

"Ah ah ah ah! You don't want to be in the way when my laser goes off." Y/n was accidentally pushed into Buzz and her (weapon) dropped from her side pocket. "Oh dear! Please watch yourself! This is extremely hazardous." She gently put them back in their case.

"Hey a laser and a (weapon)! How come you don't have any lasers or (weapons), Woody?" Potato Head teased the cowboy. "It's not a real (weapon)! They're clearly plastic! And it's.. it's a little lightbulb that blinks!" The annoyed cowboy yelled.

Hamm muttered to Potato Head and they were both cut off from the mad toy. "All right! That's enough! Look, we are all very impressed with Andy's new toys!"

"Toys?" Buzz asked. "T-O-Y-S toys!" Woody spelled out, as if it wasn't obvious. "Okay, I'm sorry, but I think that you are looking for the words Space Rangers!" Y/n corrected him with a smug smile.

Woody rubbed his temples from the little things that the rangers kept saying. "The word I'm searching for... I can't say, because there's preschool toys present."

"Getting kinda tense, aren't ya?"

"Uh.. Mr. Lightyear and Ms. Alien, now I'm curious.. what does a space ranger actually do?" Rex asked the pair, causing Woody to frustratedly explain once more.

"They're not space rangers! They don't- fight evil or shoot lasers or fly! And she doesn't really pierce her enemies with her fake (weapon)!" Woody waved his arms at the two until Y/n jumped in.

"Excuse me!" She threw her (weapon) at the dart board on Andy's wall. The toys wowed and clapped at her. Buzz pressed a button and his wings sprouted from his back, making the toys even more hooked into their little act.

But Woody wasn't fazed. "Oh what? Whaat? It's just all plastic! He can't fly nor these hurt anyone!" Woody tried mocking them. The two seemed a bit agitated from his sarcasm and Buzz shoved him off.

"They are a tellurium-carbonic alloy and I can fly!" Woody rolled his eyes "No, you can't."

Y/n smiled and sarcastically chuckled, quite tired of the cowboy's bickering. "Yes, he can."

"He can't!"

"Can."

"Can't can't caaaan't!" Woody shoved his finger at Y/n's chest and Buzz pushed him away from her. "I tell you I can fly around this room with my eyes closed!" He challenged, glaring at Woody.

"Alright Mr. Light Beer and Miss Sidekick, do it!" "Alright then, we will! Stand back everybody!" He motioned everyone back. Buzz climbs the wooden bed post and looked down, taking a breath in, then closing his eyes.

"To infinity... and beyond!"

1235 words