Chapter thirty-two- Kyra

"Okay, so... which way is the orphanage?" Kyra asked Ferno, who was walking around in circles waiting for Eve to wake up.

"That way," Ferno pointed to the right. "It's to the clock dome, you circle around it, go straight, and then head right." He said. "It's a fairly small town, so we shouldn't get lost. And, we should get there at a decent time. ...As long as Eve doesn't sleep all day, anyway," he hmphed. He must've been really excited to see Terra again. Although, I know that. Don't I? That's normal love. But if it is, why do I feel a stronger bond with Eve?

"FINALLY EVE. JEEZ. LET'S GO ALREADY, OKAY?!"

"...Eh?" Eve said groggily.

Before Eve could say anything else, Ferno took off the ledge of the small sand lump he was sleeping on and winged his way to the clock tower that seemed to be so far away. Why can't we sleep longer? "Because you're a whiny butt," Rosie said.

"Koda? You said something about becoming familiar last night... Does that mean Rosie, me, and you will all be connected?" Koda nodded.

"I can do it. You stay still." Eve watched from behind Kyra, smiling. A yellow light enveloped Koda and that was it.

"Heyyo!" "Hey, young mister Koda. Now let's GO."

OK... Let's go now, then, why don't we? Kyra ran up to where Ferno jumped off the ledge and stretched her wings wide. The clouds were fluffy above her feathers, and she reached out to touch them with her wings. They separated, making a blue trail in between where her wing had sliced through. She loved the sky; it was huge, and the clouds moved apart like she was a queen.

Even though she knew that she'd use her powers to help them, she wasn't sure she'd be able to with how her muscles always locked up when she tried to. She shook the thought of her powers away, for it was a long time away. She needed to not think about it as much as she could.

"Hey," Eve said, coming up behind Kyra. "Um..." She looked down at her talons. Kyra looked away in embarrassment.

"Let's... Just... Let me think about how I feel about... that. For now, let's focus on finding Terra and curing anyone else."

Eve nodded a little sadly, but Kyra knew that if she had someone else to worry about, she wouldn't be able to focus on not standing out too much.

They took off faster, and surprisingly, caught up to Ferno 45-ish minutes later. What is he, a speedy boat?!

"Jeez, Ferno, don't you think that's fast enough?!" Eve read Kyra's mind.

"Found her."

"HUH?! Already? That's quite the surprise," Kyra said. "Where?" Ferno pointed to a young red Phoenix looking up at them, waving them down to her.

"Not Terra, Leif." Ferno said. "Blargwauque," Chimera gurgled in agreement.

"Leif? Who's that?" Kyra tilted her head. Ferno sighed.

"She's my friend. C'mon." He dove down to her without another word, or, before anyone had the CHANCE to say a word. Kyra angled her wings downward and dove to the ground. She landed on the brick road and tucked her wings around her waist.

The red phoenix stared at them. "Who are you and what do you want with me?" She snarled. She was very young; she was about half the size of Ferno, who was a little smaller than Kyra.

"It's Ember. Well, Ferno now, but..."

Jeez, this again? Are you ever gonna have your actual name back? Man, he doesn't get Maturing at all!

"Ember? You don't look like Ember," Leif hesitated, looking Ferno up and down.

Ferno sighed and with a very hilarious "POOF" he returned to his red form.

"You ARE Ember! Did you go through your maturing? Yeah, but... You're not allowed to be here, Ember. You as well, ma'am," Leif pointed at Kyra. "You are Morpheens. That means that if you take another step into this land, I will report you to the—"

"Leif, shoosh. Who are you talking to—" The young green phoenix stared at Ember, and Ember stared back.

"Terra—"

"Ember—"