Chapter thirty- Milo

"Ahem!" Alder said, lifting his head away from... the romantic scene. I laughed to myself. "Well, putting those two lovebirds aside, we need to focus on finding Ram. Does anyone have any ideas?"

"I do. Phantom told me sometime before that he knew a place where Ram loves to hunt." Sasha said softly, rubbing her cheek with Phantom's. " I can take you once those two are... done." She said.

Eve jumped up and obediently sat back where she was, leaving Kyra sprawled on the sand.

"We are!" Eve grinned. Kyra sat up and rubbed her head, making Eve smother a laugh.

...Jeez... Lovebirds... I don't get them... I think. Love is GROSS. And it's the TRUTH.

"...Well, if we are ready to go, then we should probably start heading. Phantom has a few spells that will help us find food and water. Her best friend might also help us, but he hurt his paw a few minutes ago in that room ove—"

Koda's mouth was wide open. "WHO?!" He said. "WHO IS—" he cleared his throat and looked away. I smothered another laugh.

"ANYWAY. We should probably go." Sasha said.

"Oh, you won't be going, young boy Ferno," said a hissing voice from above. "BECAUSE I WANT CUDDLES!" A medium sized gecko-thing jumped from one of the ledges on one of the chairs in front of Ferno.

"Chimera! I thought—!" Ferno sighed and held Chimera close to him as the gecko made a weird purring noise.

"Now— shall we go?" Alder asked.

"YES!" Everyone called, including the gecko named Chimera, myself, Phantom, and Koda.

We ran out the entrance of the arena and jumped off the ledge–of course, I was on Eve's back, but that's not the point.

I felt the wind on my face, and even with Twirl's death, I was pretty happy. Eve must've known about my happiness, because she asked, "doesn't the wind on your face feel good? It's one of the reasons why I love flying. Maybe you could grow wings sometime." She laughed. I closed my eyes, and I must've fallen asleep at one point, because I woke up with a jolt from Eve. "Wake up, sleepy head. We're here and we found young mister Ram."

"What'dyou want with me?! I- I don't need you! Stay away from me! Alder! Were you put under a spell or something?!"

"Quite the opposite, actually. You're being controlled, Ram. Ferno, do your thing."

"SASHA?! Ferno, or whatever your name is, how do you know Sasha?!"

"Listen, and then you'll find out."

"...And so, you took me to Sasha's house, where I met Terra, and then Hera chased us..." Ferno said. "...and then, I saw your bodies; Terra, Sasha, yourself, and Ram. I found a baby..." Ferno continued... "...and then your carriage came by, and you guys...

"...and that's where we are now," Ferno smiled. "I am Ember, like I have told you so many times before. Well, Ferno now, but—" He still hasn't changed...

Ram's body was enveloped in a black mist and, like before with Alder, Ram was himself again.

"EMBEEEEEER!" Ram yelled, running up to Ferno. He looked tough on the outside with burly muscles and light purple feathers, but really, he was a big sap.

He sobbed, "...Ember! You're okay! Thank goodness you're alright... I was so worried about you, but really, you were right before my eyes, not to mention the one I thought wasn't... wasn't... WAAAAGH!!!"

Ferno's face was disgusted with how wet his feathers were by the time they made a fire, made a few beds, and fell asleep by the warmth of the flames.