Chapter eleven- Kyra

Kyra stepped back a little, quite surprised with the story. She jumps back up to Eve, and envelopes her in a tight hug. "I'm so glad you're okay..." She whispers. "I'll go with you to the castle." She buried her forehead into Eve's neck and started to cry, lightly. She half-hoped that she had a bruise or scratch on her neck that she could heal. Tears from a Phipogrix, let alone a Morpheen, are unique to each individual. For example, Kyra's were good for mild bruises and scratches. If she cried more tears, the more effective it would be to, say, a really deep scratch wound. It would heal more than if she just cried one tear. In a Morpheen world, this was common sense. In a Phoenix world, that would be a "cursed" power sent down the bloodlines of all of the living Phipogrixes and Morpheens. Before the "killer of Royals and Morpheens," there were thousands upon thousands of different Morpheens. ...But then they became mostly extinct.

To take their place, there were what were called "Full Body Phipogrixes" that couldn't hide their look. Kyra remembered her past friend Peacock and her mom, Faerie. Their house was sucked lifeless, too, and she didn't remember if they even ran away and survived.

"Okay..." Eve said slowly. "I half expected you to say no, if I'm being COMPLETELY honest." She laughed. Why would I? I don't want to not go, so what would the point be to say no in the first place?

"Why would I?" Kyra asked, trying to be honest with Eve as well as herself. Eve shrugged.

"Anyway," Eve changed the subject. "Introductions are in order!" She announced, lifting a pointer claw into the air. "Milo!" Eve barked at the boy wearing black glasses. "Oh, wait a minute," Eve slapped her palm to her forehead. "He can't understand Warnian..." She sighed, pulling back her claw. "How unfortunate and inconvenient..."

"Um, about that," Milo started. "So, um." He paused. "Long story short, I turned into a cricket and then I woke up to find myself in Eve's body and then... I walked here, fell a lot, and, gosh, my limbs hurt, and then when you hugged me, I was sucked into my body again." He nodded triumphantly.

"That's a SHORT story how...?" Kyra tilted her head. "Well, now that you even started to share your story, I want to know it in detail—"

"Well, we don't have time for that, sorry Milo, and besides, Kyra would rather hear it from MY perspective. Anyway, we need to get going to Fire Den Castle, so we need to get ready to leave. " Eve interrupted.

Jealous much...? Kyra lifted an eyebrow. Feeling the temptation to say this exact statement, she fought it off and instead said okay.

In the corner of Kyra's eye, she noticed Milo furiously try to shove something away. It was blue and squishy, and looked somewhat slimy.

"Eve! Look!" Kyra said excitedly, pointing in the creature's direction. Milo looked up as well.

"What do you need?" Eve asked, grooming herself much like a cat would.

"It's a Northern Bush Slime!" Kyra exclaims.

"Where?!" Eve asked, suddenly alert, her voice sharp. Kyra pointed over to where Milo sat, still trying to push it away from the unconscious girl behind him.

"WE MUST KILL IT! HURRY!" Eve said, her claws at the ready.

"We MUSN'T kill it!" Kyra cried. "Look how peaceful it is! Look how CUTE it is! Don't KILL the poor thing!"

Eve hesitated. "But...!"

"NO BUTS."

"SHOOSH. Kyra, these things bring bad luck! They are a bad omen to our own species!" Eve said, her brow furrowing even deeper than it was before.