Chapter fifteen (Part Two)- Milo

I open my eyes and see my brother, Milo.

I smiled. I knew he was cute when he slept, but, still. Having an older brother was nice, but sometimes you needed a break. So when Milo slept, I knew it was my time to be an older sister. Murky snuggled against my neck. Aw, Murky! Why are you so sappy this morning? Murky is my familiar, but I haven't told anyone about it, yet. Murky insisted that I was his pet, so he had to take GOOD care of me and watch me at all times, so I let him say what he wanted, and, here I am. With my very own familiar to chat with when I was lonely. I guess he served as a pet, but... He's super cuddly. Like, so cuddly that he couldn't live without a single pat on the head.

I tried explaining to Milo that I could read minds, including his, but I felt like he might hate me if he found out. Either way, when I tried, he just said okay and then Leda –Eve— butted in. Later, I have to rip this out of Milo's notebook, but, for now, I'll just... Borrow it.

"Whatever do you mean, Twirl? Hey, can I give you a nickname? PLEAAAASE?" Okay. I say, not really listening to anything he was saying. It was then when I realized Kyra was gone.

...Murky, have you seen Kyra? I like her because I can't read any of her thoughts. Mostly due to her power; she has the Forbidden Power; I believe it is called Time Power. Brother doesn't know this, but I know all about Phoenix and Phipogrix and even Hippogriffs. You want to know why? Well, back when we were inside of our cage, about to be transported, I saw Terrarian. I saw Heriagon. In just a split second, I knew EVERYTHING. This had never happened to me before, so I was confused and excited. Scared and nervous.

I never told anyone about my power to read minds, but it's not as great as it sounds. I can only read your mind if I concentrate on you and I will HAVE to listen to your thoughts if it is one of the strong feelings –for example, scared, painful, excited, sad, angry—. And the only time that this wasn't the case was with an animal. I always kept it a secret, and I lied many times when it came to hearing animals' minds.

For example, yesterday, I saw a silhouette in the trees. I also saw a rabbit. I heard what he was thinking. But I pretended I had no idea what he said. In some ways, that makes me someone who pretty much knows every language. And because of this, I also know how to speak Warnian, but I keep it to myself most of the time. I know Kyra knows about this, but I act like I have no idea she does.

For Milo, I just said I had learned some of the language. But that also means I have to pretend that I have no idea what anybody is saying at any given time.

Milo thinks that I am a scared-y cat. But I guarantee you that I am not. I act like it because it makes Milo feel good and that's what I want. Him to be happy.

"How about Ta-ta?" Murky asked. Absolutely not. "Er... What about Twi-wi?" No. "Then what about—" Why don't you just call me Twirl? "...Okay." I am hit with a wave of sadness from Murky's mind, but I try to ignore it the best I can. "Let's wake Milo up, okay?" Murky snuggles into my neck. I giggle. I shake Milo... And I suddenly feel terrible... I...