Cortez (Paper Mario Thousand Year Door) Hero 4

Cortez is one of the antagonist of Paper Mario Thousand Year Door and the main antagonist of Chapter 5. Cortez was once a skilled pirate who amassed legendary amounts of treasure. However, Cortez eventually died, and the Skull Gem, the item which let's him sail was stolen. Due to this, Cortez became a protective pirate who destroyed any ship which sailed near Keelhaul Key. Years later, Mario heads off to Pirate Grotto to collect the Sapphire Star and fights Cortez, but Cortez cannot be killed due to being already dead. Mario explains he only wanted the Sapphire Star, an item Cortez does not value, so Cortez gave it to Mario. When the X-Nauts attacked Keelhaul Key, Cortez with the help of Flavio and Mario persuasion, helped drive the X-Nauts from Keelhaul Key. Cortez escorts the stranded residents of Keelhaul Key to Rogueport, with Cortez allowing Mario to sail to Keelhaul Key if he needed.

Classification: Ghost, Pirate

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman physical characteristics, weapon mastery, immortality (Type 7), body control (Can change the appearance and structure of his body), statistics amplification (Can boost his attack power by 4), one of his rapiers can poison, life absorption(Can absorb the life of the audience, which is capable of healing him)

Attack Potency: Multi-Solar System Level(Could harm Mario)

Speed: Massively FTL+(Can keep up with Mario)

Lifting Strength: Unknown

Striking Strength: Multi-Solar System Class(Could harm Mario with his blows)

Durability: Multi-Solar System Level(Can endure attacks from Mario)

Stamina: Unknown

Range: Extended melee range physically, several meters with weapons and abilities(Can affect the entire audience with his absorptions, his swords can hit Mario from the other side of the stage)

Standard Equipment: His swords and rapier

Intelligence: Unknown

Weakness: Cannot steer his ship without the skull gem with him.