Chapter 27: A New World, A New Life

Start from the beginning

Ughhh...

Waking up, everything feels doozy, like I've been hit by a truck or something.

What the fuck happened...

I slowly started opening my eyes, and the ground and grass are the first two things I see as my vision started getting clear.

Where am I?

I started to get on my fatigued legs again as I look around, trying to remember what happened. Slowly, memories of the day started flowing back as I look at charred wood and a demon's head.

Wait, where did his corpse go?

All that's left is his head, but the rest of his body was gone. The only left was a few traces of black on the grass. I connected some dots in my mind.

This world has a knack for creatures turning into powder. First, vampires turn to ash, and then demons evaporate to black smoke... Except for the head...

So the last thing I did was absorb the demon's magic essence... Never doing that again.

That's when I remembered the death deer and decided I want to be a badass for a moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw my target.

This is gonna be awesome.

I walked out behind the tree trunk that is bigger than the other trees.

"Hey, what are you still doing here?"

The death deer actually flinched in surprise as he whirled around, visibly tripping over a rock and almost tumbling down. That would've been hilarious.

"I think it's me who should ask that question," he replied.

"I just decided to check on ya. I've checked on the demon, so I thought I'd check on ya after him. Uhhh... What's your name again?"

The death deer mumbled something just low enough in volume that my mind couldn't process what he said telepathically before answering, "Toras, name's Toras. So I assume my demon partner is playing with a dead body over there? Because he doesn't seem to react to my telepathic calls."

"Before that... Does your partner have a will... Or something?" I started.

"I don't know," Toras suddenly perked up, realizing how random the question was. "Why?"

"Well, I kinda played with him a bit..." I started reaching for Firaun's head which was just barely hiding behind the trunk with my tail, "But I think I started getting too rough, and one thing led to another and..."

I rolled the head out.

"This is all I have left of him."

If Toras was visibly distressed when walking in circles trying to call his partner, I think this time you could see every cell of his body pop out in surprise and then shrivel in dread. "W-what?! H-h-how?? What are you going to do now??" He asked stepping back a couple of steps.

"I could as well make you join your partner here, but I've had enough fun today. You can keep this," I said, patting the head. I started to walk away, "If you really want to join him, go on and approach this town. I'll make it quick." I ended it with a toothy grin. 

I don't think Toras will be anywhere in a kilometre radius of this town anytime soon.

~~~~~~~~The next morning~~~~~~~~