Earn Forgiveness! Part I

"I cannot believe I am going back home," I said while looking at the mirror. My reflection has its orange hair all gel up to the back. The suit was a classic black one with a fresh rose from Earthus' garden. A golden watch on the left wrist was given by Mario. A necklace made out of beads that were supposed to give me good luck from what Seekah said. The reflection me have this big smile and eyes are bright.

The real me is screaming on the inside and have 102 plans to run away from the Welcome Party and even the Carven family. But I cannot leave. I mean I could but Mario is waiting outside of my door, Kit and Seekah are outside, and Miss Earthus has cast a spell that makes me unable to use my magic while in her house.

So I am doomed!

I don't want to go to this party. I don't want to socialize with people. They all hate me or are scared of me. And the Freshman that befriend me if I ever talk to them will leave after they heard what I have done last year.

"Colin I can hear you brother," Mario said worriedly. "You can talk to me."

"..."

Mario sigh and open the door. I used my chance and escaped. I ran down the stairs ignoring Mario calling me back. The front and back door are occupied by Kit and Seek but not the secret passway.

The secret passway is open by pulling ten books in certain order under thirty seconds. Failed and the password will change to one of the fifteen combinations I came up with.

The combination this time is The Lost Hero, The Sea of Monster, The Lighting Thief, Titan's Curse, The Last Olympian, Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athen, The Blood of Olympus, House of Hade, and Battle of the Labyrinth.

This combination is all Percy Jackson books like my other 12 combinations. The other three are books written by Rick Riordan. The Kane Chronicle, Trails of Apollo, and Magnus Chase.

"Colin!" I heard Seekah shout at the back door. I wave at him and close the bookshelf behind me. Letting the one-minute cooldown activate. Enough time for me to escape is what I thought.

I ran down then right, right, left, right, up, and then go left where there is exit to Wall Street, two blocks away from Carven resident and the exit that is blocked from Miss Earthus.

"Miss Earthus why are you blocking my path instead of being at a charity event for the Ukraine support?" I asked while looking at any chances of her dropping her guard down. Right now it is up high.

Earthus lift one eyebrows up. "Colin I have you in custody since June and took care of you for at least a year. I know you would escape when Mario opened the door to check on you."

"I was that obviously?"

Earthus sigh and shaking her head. "Little one I know you are nervous. I know you fear the stigma you carried because of Zarta. I know you do not want to meet Ritchie. If you had, you will have to hang out with him and Mario and the Little Red Grimeshade. I know you will have Seekah Zodiac as roommate."

"I do not know what you would do if I let you leave. I do not know if you return to your old ways or be yourself. Those are choose based by your decisions. You are choose what to do. Never let anyone take your free will from you."

Free-will does not exist in The King. You have to obey Zarta or be killed. You prayed Zarta is not bored in your execution. He is terrorizing in his killing method when bored. I and my mother were treated the same or worse compared to the Knight.

Every *Knight thought we were treated better even I thought so until Mother was killed. She did not want me to be an assassin because I have my father's blood and Shadow within me. Shadow is a secret project with me as the only experiment to live.