Rap Monster 'Scarlett'

Every day. He is there every day, in his usual sit, all alone. You have always wanted to ask him what he was doing here, since he doesn't look like someone, who is into reading. Not these kind of books anyway. The books, which you usually read were anything, but compatible with his looks. If you were to choose, you'd say crime stories describe him better. And he wouldn't necessarily be on the good side.

You quickly chose a book from the shelves and looked for a place to peacefully sit down and read. As your eyes scanned the library lounge you could practically feel someone watching you. When you spotted an empty seat you silently walked over to it and dropped your bags on the floor before sitting down. It wasn't a surprise for anyone, that you chose a sit near the corner, a bit away from other people. At first some of them were inviting you to sit at their table, but after constant rejecting, they gave up. So right now, none of the people paid attention to you, only the mysterious, silver haired boy.

You still felt like someone was watching you. You looked up from your book, which you opened on a random page and shared eye contact with him... His facial expression didn't change, but yours did. You felt your cheeks heat up, so you quickly averted eye contact. You looked down on your lap.

'Oh come on, it's just some stupid boy. Don't let him ruin this peaceful moment.' You whispered to yourself. Clearing your throat, you moved your gaze back to the book, trying to focus on what it actually was about. It turned out to be unbelievably hard, as you could feel your body aching to turn to this boy and take another glance. Only after some time, when the hotness emitting from your cheeks calmed down, were you able to relax a bit. You sighed and looked at the book with a neglecting stare. Because of the boy, you started to read it from the middle and it came out as confusing and boring.

'This isn't going to work' you sighed out of frustration. You ran a hand through your hair, not actually sure what you were supposed to do back then, before standing up. You placed the book back on its appointed shelf and took one quick glance at the table where he was still silently reading his book, before heading out. 'Maybe tomorrow I'll have better luck at concentrating' you thought.

The next day seemed a little brighter and warmer as the spring eventually decided to take charge. You took it as a good sign and also your mood rose to the point that you forgot about the situation, which happened the day before. In addition, this day you had your aim. There was this book, which had a really good feedback at one of your favorite blogs and you totally needed to read it. No way, you had to. Fortunately, the book's name was mentioned in the list of books, which your library possessed, so you were positive about that.

Happily walking into the library, you were determined to find it. You looked at the different rows with shelves and categories, as you finally found the right one and immediately began to browse for the book. It wasn't long before you started to assume that someone else might have grabbed the book, but just to make sure you checked every book that was on the shelf. Nothing. With a pout, you came to the small table you were sitting at yesterday and threw your bag on the floor, beginning to feel irritated. Why is everything against you during such a sunny and hopeful day? You adjusted your messy bangs and slowly exhaled. 'Focus.' You told yourself and looked up, observing the not so crowded room. Everyone was sitting peacefully, enjoying the free time, but no one looked like the suspect. A scarlet cover suddenly drew your attention as you nearly jumped in your sit.

'That's it!' You thought. 'That's the book I am searching for!' You practically screamed. What you couldn't believe was the person, who was holding it. Hair perfectly styled, casual clothing and your book in his hands. You were contemplating whether to walk over to him and ask if he could hand it over to you or wait for him to finish the story, which could as well take forever. Going with the first option you walked over to him. You hadn't exactly planned out what you were going to say, but your goal was set. You wanted that book.