Maybe I should start from the beginning?

The girls had made there way to the car with the keys hope stole.

Ric-Going somewhere? Better questions, where the hell do you think you're going with my keys and without telling me?
Hope-Um, you know, I just said some really harsh things to you yesterday, and so I just wanted to get you...A uh
Ameila- an oil change as a peace offering.

Ric rolled his eyes. Even Amelia questioned herself on her choice of excuse.

Ric-At 3 a.m.? Hope, you don't have a driver's license and Ameila you aren't even old enough to get one. You were gonna commit grand theft auto, which is a felony. You're ditching school right before the midterm exams begin, and you've made it very clear to me that you see me as an authority figure and nothing more. So tell me, why shouldn't I suspend you this very second? And what is that?
Ameila-It's basically a supernatural compass.
Ric-Well, I hope it's pointing you both to your room 'cause that's where you're going.
Hope-I'm going after Landon. If this thing is glowing, that means that he's in trouble.
Ric-Then we're going, and I'm driving.
Ric-Indiana. Crossroads of America. What's the capital?
Hope-We learned that in, like, eighth grade.
Ric-Oh, good, then you should know it.
Hope-I didn't say I absorbed the information.
Ric-Yeah, well, you're not saying much of anything. Look, if you can't handle grade school geography... you're gonna flunk all your exams.
Hope-Are Lizzie and Josie studying? Maybe you should focus on them.
Ric-Yeah, well, they're still in Europe with Caroline, thank God.
Hope-Religion has no place in the classroom, Dr. Saltzman. The Supreme Court made sure of that with its ruling on Engel v. Vitale. And Indianapolis is the capital of Indiana. I'm getting an "A" in geography. Chill. Take the next left. He's on the move.
Ric-All right. Indiana is surrounded by what four states? I
Hope- thought we just established that I am dominating geography. Also why aren't you asking Ameila anything?

Ric looked back and nudged Hope to look back as well to see a sleeping Ameila.

Ric- Because you left at 3am and that girl barley sleeps.
Hope-Fine.

Hope takes off her jacket and reaches behind to wrap it around amelia.

Ric- Whats going on with Jo and Ameila?
Hope- If I knew I wouldn't tell you sister confidentiality.

They drove for about 2 more hours Hope did also end up falling asleep till ric woke her up.

Ric-Is this the place?
Hope-Yup.

Ameila woke up

Ameila- where are we?
Hope- Kansas and you missed alot at one point I was pretty sure Ric was about to tell me how babies are made.
Ric-Hey, before we go in there, I just want to make sure we're clear.
Hope-Don't worry, we're crystal. You're Professor X, I'm Wolverine and shes Quicksliver
Ric- I was more of a DC kid.
Hope-Then you're Batman and I'm Robin.
Ameila- Which makes me batgirl

Ric smiled at her comment

Hope-Either way, you call the shots. So how do you want to do this, hmm? Fireball? Wind torrent?
Ameila- we could just knock.
Hope-We should come in hot. There could be a Jabberwocky on the other side of that door, for all we know.
Ric - Nonsensical poem written by?
Ameila- Charles Dodgson.
Ric-Wrong. Lewis Carroll.
Ameila- The pen name of Charles Dodgson. I'm crushing English,

All of the sudden there was a scream and a gunshot and Hope did a spell busting down the door.

Hope - No, no, no.  Patere.
Ameila - Hi. Uh, uh, what-what are you watching?

The trio looked at the tv and realized it was a movie.

Hope-Oh... I'm so sorry that we've ruined your lunch. I... I-I promise we're gonna replace your door.
Ric-That's some compass.
Hope- We're in the wrong place. Someone knew we were coming