Why Leaving Votes Helps

Update: February 25th, 2022

Just wanna share some stats about The White Room War in relation to tons of people reading the book but not voting.

The average length of a light novel volume is between 40,000-50,000 words, rarely exceeding 200 pages. I try to keep my chapters at usually no more than 2,500 words per chapter since I know Wattpad readers usually don't like to read one story's chapter for more than 20-30 minutes unless the story is really goddamn good, such as "White Room Masterpiece: The Reaction" by ejjs27.

Volume 3 was my longest volume yet at only 32,000 words, but with what I have planned, Volume 5 is on pace to be about 52,000 words, possibly more. The first two chapters were already quite long at 7,500 and 7,400 words each.

So if I average a roughly estimated 35,000 words per volume, and with the fact that I'm planning to write 36 volumes throughout this series, I could write more than 1.26 million words by the time the story is complete in the next few years, which could very likely make it the longest COTE fic ever created.

My point is that I'm working really hard and getting tons of reads, but a lot of you people that are reading still aren't hitting that vote button. It really helps keep this book alive by motivating me. Even comments can help a book rise through the Wattpad ranks and gather more new readers.

Dew it!