Vol 2 WR Interview 1: The Koenjis

Year 1

Season 1

Volume 2 - "The Whistleblower"

White Room Interview #1: The Koenjis

"And the camera is... Okay! Hello there," In a tall, darkly lit room, an ikemen with black hair, red eyes, and a friendly voice shook the hands of the parents of one Koenji Rokusuke as they sat at a round table. His face is visible to them, but none of his features are in the peripherals of the cameras.

"H-Hello," The couple meekly responded, clearly nervous if this was going to be an unpleasant experience or not.

"No need to be afraid! I'm only going to ask you questions that won't attack you. After all, it would make no sense for me to go after someone whose financial success was made long before you even heard of today's topic, right? HAHAHAHA!"

The ultra rich couple smiled, feeling more comfortable.

The husband, Koenji Renji, a man with blond hair in a side ponytail, chuckled. "Yeah, that's true."

His wife, Koenji Rana, added, "We made our living off of the convenience stores and super markets we've monopolized. It took a lot of hard work, but it was worth it."

"That's neat, but..." The man interviewing then hissed, as if feeling uncomfortable. "The topic for this interview is one that will be quite sad, so just let me know when you're ready, and we'll get started."

They nodded. "Right."

"I think we're ready," Renji declared.

"Okay... So, the White Room. When did you hear about it, and at that time, how big was it?"

Rana shrugged. "I mean, this was when Professor Ayanokouji was first starting it out, and by then, it was already a massive business operation."

"So, about 20 years ago, give or take?"

"Yeah, sounds about right."

"Interesting. I apologize if this is too personal, but did you know any families whose children were part of the White Room or that you suspect to have been kidnapped by them?"

Renji lowered his gaze for a moment in sadness. "Yeah... Yeah, we did."

"What was that like? Do you ever think back and wonder if there was anything that could have been done differently?"

"It was disgusting. We maintained a skin-deep relationship with Professor Ayanokouji. Before the recent leak, we wouldn't have been comfortable ratting him out because he made it quite clear that any potential business suitors that know about the White Room will always be watched by his spies. Now, things are different."

Rana nodded. "Indeed. Those poor children. To have to go through what he put them through... It makes me sick."

"I see. Nothing could have been done, then. But what if you tried to tell the Prime Minister or at least the police?"

She shook her head. "That would be impossible. Doing so would put our family in danger from two different malevolent forces: The White Room, and the law. Putting our testimony forward, the government could have arrested us. We would've been charged for being an accessory to crime."

Renji placed his intertwined hands onto the table. "She's right. Knowing how deep the corruption of the White Room runs worldwide and not just in Japan would have us indicted for the knowledge. We stood by and did nothing, keeping our mouths shut. Besides, the White Room is more powerful than all the world's secret service agencies combined, their power standing above many top government branches, not withstanding military might."

"How do you feel knowing that your son attends the same school as the White Room's masterpiece?"

"It's scary," Rana stated. "Even so, I feel pity for Professor Ayanokouji's boy. To be forced to become perfect in every way... He must have lost a great deal of his humanity in the process."

Renji took a sip of water. "We always told our son that if he wishes to become someone great, he would need to only perfect himself in one area of his life."

His wife sighed in exasperation. "You know you're his role model, right? He takes after you. You could have told him to become a professional athlete or an inventor, but noooooo. Little Rokusuke just had to follow your playboy ways."

"I-It's not my fault so many women throw themselves towards me just because I am a perfect existence that is wise, intelligent, has flawless genes with the most handsome looks, and lots of money!" Renji cried.

"Ugh. This is why Rokusuke is such a narcissist."

The interviewer interrupted, "So it seems you didn't invest in the White Room..."

Their eyes widen. "H-How did you-"

"That is all for this episode of 'The White Room Files'. Please tune in next week when we talk to Advanced Nurturing High School's Director and his wife."

He shook hands with the couple, who were surprised that it ended so suddenly, and then had a security guard escort them out.

Turning his head to the middle part of the room and near the ceiling is a booth of sorts in which a barely noticeable figure is sitting.

"What do you think, Matsuo?" The interviewer spoke into his earpiece.

The figure in the booth, Matsuo, wrote down:

Koenji Renji and Rana - Invested in the White Room: NO

"You're doing a good job, Horikita-kun," Matsuo replied into the radio.

Horikita Fumihito sighed. "Damn it. You know that isn't what I'm asking."

"And what is it you're asking?" Matsuo replied uninterestedly as he's busy going through the manifest.

"When?" Fumihito's voice is filled with annoyance. "I'm sick of sitting here and asking questions to these people that I didn't even write down in hopes of getting answers that would interest the public. When do we come into the play?"

"As soon as the stage is set. Have patience. Our people will know the exact moment to strike. Let's let the enemy make their move first."

"Are you the one calling the shots?"

"No, not this time. But she is."

To Be Continued

Again, fuck you, Kinugasa, because I'm even giving these characters names your fat ass is too lazy to give. Who the fuck is 'Professor Ayanokouji'?! Give us his first name, you lazy fuck!

Although, I will not change certain characters like Professor Ayanokouji and Matsuo by giving them first names because that just feels weird.

As expected of a perfect existence like me. :)