Vol 3 Ch 16: The Ol' Switcheroo

Year 1

Season 1

Volume 3 - "One Must Deceive Himself"

Chapter 16: The Ol' Switcheroo

Amasawa watched while standing on top of a tree, her concentration unfazed for hours without an end in sight for normal people, however, she is anything but normal. 

'Honestly, this might just be a waste of time, trying to discover Class B's leader since Senpai will likely outmaneuver me.'

Then something interesting happened. 

A magenta-haired delinquent approached Class B's spot, and without a care in the world about being watched, he displays his keycard for all to see while swiping to refresh another eight hours of occupation.

Ichika glances down to her wrist, covering up the watch as she taps it to check the time. '00:42 hours, huh. In seven hours and about seventeen minutes, this exam will be over. 

I know who Class A and C's leaders are, but what about B? Should I even consider risking guessing theirs? Why would Ryuuen so openly show off the most vital element of the entire exam? He's not stupid enough to try to play a game of reverse psychology with the likes of me. 

Senpai is trying to draw attention away from his own moves. He has also placed two boys patrolling the premises of their camp as a theatrical display of unnerved, exhausted contestants, but what is all this really?'

.

.

.

TICK!

Tock.

TICK!

Tock.

Seconds turned into minutes, minutes into hours, and hours gave way for sunlight by 5:00 PM as the sky slowly filled with the bright, godly power of an unknown trillion billion millions of hydrogen bombs worth of energy detonating every second.

Finally, the starving students of Class A, who have been asleep for an entire day, began slowly waking up.

Koenji yawns and stretches as he sleepily trots over to the shade of a tree and unzips his pants.

Tsssssss!

The sound of his piss splashing the grassy sand is somehow multiplied. Looking over, he sees Albert also taking a piss while wiping the blurriness out of his eyes.

They nod at each other in greeting, and then, he realizes who Albert is.

"Ara? What are you doing here?"

"WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE? I'M TAKING A LEAK."

'GOOD THING HE DOESN'T REMEMBER.'

"Oh? But this is Class A's base. You can't just-"

In the moment Koenji took to look down to tuck his penis in and rezip himself, Albert is already gone like Batman.

.

.

.

6:00 AM.

By now, all nine remaining Class B members had woken up, began eating breakfast, and making preparations to pack up their things, remove their tents, and leave back to the exam starting point by 7:00.

Two members of Class B began making a trek up the west side of a mountain.

Ayanokouji and Ryuuen.