Vol 2 Ch 8.3: Midterms

That thumbnail is what I should have used in Chapter 5, so I went back and added the below pic to a certain part of Chapter 5, specifically when Koenji was dissing Sudou.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Year 1

Season 1

Volume 2 - "The Whistleblower"

Chapter 8 Part 3 of 5: Midterms

A few days passed, and it is now the second week of June, the week of the midterms, or at least it is about to be since it is a Friday, a week from the midterms.

Ayano is in a group chat titled 'Ayano-boy Group' that was created by the admin, Kiryuuin Fuuka.

Kiyotaka, having already sent 1 million private points to Ichika, decided that it's time to send some private points to the people who he's slowly coming to accept as his friends, a list limited to four people: 22 million to Horikita Suzune, 22 million to Kiryuuin Fuuka, 7.1 million to Shiina Hiyori, and 7 million to Yamada Albert.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka: "I have so many private points now, so I want to give some to those that call themselves my friends. This is not some incentive to keep some fake bs going on in our relationships, but rather a present for being good to me, so... Thank you."

Kiryuuin Fuuka: "Yay~! Thanks, Kiyo-boy! I'm going to start calling u by ur first name, if that's alright with u."

Reading her message, his eyes widened, and a warm feeling enveloped his being.

'Before, I was closing myself off from others because I was worried about trusting others. I was resistant to change, but I've come to realize something: stagnation isn't good. Human beings are bound to change and are sociable creatures that, by nature, yearn to be with others.

Perhaps, I should change, too. I will quit being alone. Wanting to be in the company of at least one person is something I need to accept. There is no point in dancing around it anymore.'

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka: "That's fine, Fuuka."

Hiyori Shiina: "Arigatou! ^_^"

'What a cute emoji,' He thought.

Yamada Albert: "FRIEND IS THE BEST! I'M SO HAPPY!"

Only one person hasn't replied to the group chat yet.

Horikita is slowly interacting with others more and more outside of the main trio she cares for, mainly when she checks in to see how the study sessions are going for Hiyori and Albert, but during school, the entire group would sometimes eat lunch together.

She typed and then edited her message as she gave it several look overs and changes.

'I want to call him by his first name, too. Not fair, Kiryuuin-san.'