Vol 5 Ch 26: A Peaceful Town No More

Year 1 

Season 1 

Volume 5 - "Duality of Perfection"

Chapter 26: A Peaceful Town No More

Every couple weeks, Professor Ayanokouji would run over paperwork himself, work done by the subordinates of his subordinates, double-checked by their supervisors, and then triple-checked by the boss himself.

This, like most businesses, includes reports on not just the progress of his students, but also necessary freight, black market stock investments, arms deals, real-estate investments, employee salaries payed monthly and/or biweekly, notably large donations plus their donors, overall expenses, overall profit, and discrepancies.

'Why is there a huge decrease in expenses?' He glared at the expenses report.

Flipping through it, he found something alarming.

Kiryuuin Weapons Contract

Terms: Tadamichi Kiryuuin will hereby provide the White Room with weapons and security personnel for the next five years (effective January 1st of this year). 

In exchange, the White Room will pay Kiryuuin 10.5 billion USD with payment periods of every three months ($1.175 billion paid on April 1st and another $1.175 billion paid on July 1st,) making Kiryuuin Corp (Japan) the 4th largest defense contractor in the world behind only Boeing (USA), Raytheon (USA), and Lockheed Martin (USA).

These weapons are made in Germany and Russia, and the guards have been trained by a former Spetsnaz officer. We are told that when this officer first joined the boot camp for the Russian special forces in 1982, he was put through absolute hell by a drill instructor that survived the Battle of Stalingrad, so much so that when he emigrated to the USA and joined the Marines, the American boot camp was a cake walk.

Percent of White Room's budget expenditure= 78.9%

Contract Status - Terminated this morning.

Available security personnel before termination= 40,000

Available security personnel after termination= 0

In his anger, he slammed the folder down onto his desk and stormed into a sector of his hideout where a couple scientists and mostly businessmen and women that work for him are seated at a large rectangular table, busy discussing amongst themselves.

"What is the meeting of this?!" He shouts at the nearest person, making the businessman jump in fright.

"S-Sir?! W-W-W-Whatever do you mean?!"

"Read the fucking report and tell me!"

A tense silence follows as the businessman reads it, sweat dripping down his head. 

"O-Oh."

"Yeah! Oh!" Professor Ayanokouji responds in furious sarcasm. "You incompetent buffoon! Not only did you pass on this report without vocalizing this urgent matter, putting all our hard work, all our lives at risk, but one of you have also authorized this ridiculous decision without my approval!"

"A-Actually, P-Professor, we didn't terminate the contract. It was Kiryuuin himself."

Surprise finds its way onto their boss's face. "Kiryuuin did? I... I don't know what to say. Didn't we threaten his family enough for him to know his place?"

"... Shall we kidnap and torture his wife and daughter?" One man suggested, only to receive a harsh glare.

"You realize if we do that, Kiryuuin won't hesitate to destroy as much of my company as much as he can, right? He may not have a lot of men, but each of them is dangerous enough that if they were ordered to, they could destroy our entire presence in Japan. To top it off, they are insanely loyal to their CEO. So tell me, how would kidnapping his family benefit us at all?"