Part 71 "It is Time" Part 2

*The little break was good for me and also the pain that I had just a short time ago, are bearable. I had no hope that in the meantime something has happened to my cervix. We will definitely have to stay here for a few more hours*.

T: Hey, how are you?

*I look to my right and see that he hasn't moved, with a slight smile I look at him and the next moment I notice a kiss on my forehead.

Y/N: Actually I feel quite well

T: The doctor is about to come by and see how far along you are. You're doing great. It's amazing, you had a contraction but were asleep

*Tom and I are still talking a bit when there was a knock on the door and my attending doctor came into the room*.

D: Ms. Downey, how are you doing? Do you notice any side effects from the PDA?

Y/N: I don't notice any side effects

D: That's very good, a nurse should be by shortly and we'll give you a quick check up and then we'll see how it goes.

Y/N: Ok and thank you very much

D: That's my job Ms. Downey

*He walks out of the room again and not a second later than he left a nurse comes in and smiles at us*.

N: Here I am, shall we start the examination right away?

T: May I be present for this examination?

N: Of course. As an upcoming father, the first birth is always very special

*With a little help from Tom, I stand up, but was immediately put into a wheelchair. The epidural is still working, so I'm a little wobbly on my feet*.

N: Are you both very excited?

T: Definitely. It's our first child and you don't want to do anything wrong.

N: But just by making mistakes, then you know how to do better if they are thinking about having a second child. You can't worry about it so much, enjoy this moment, even if it's a painful experience for your partner.

T: She is doing great

*I take Tom's hand and squeeze it tightly, at moments like this I am aware of how lucky I am to have someone like Tom near me. Once in the treatment room I carefully sit down on the chair while Tom doesn't let go of my hand*.

N: Then let's see how ready the princess is

*The nurse's smile is so contagious that we automatically had to smile too. You can tell she loves her job and really gets off on it*.

N: Oh

Y/N: What "Oh" *I ask in panic and look up at Tom who is also looking at me worriedly*.

K: We're already at 10 cm. It's starting

T: How can that be? She was just at 5 cm two hours ago.

N: It's probably because of the epidural. It made them relax, before that they had this pain and there they were very tense, but after the epidural they relaxed, slept

Y/N: Oh God

*I feel myself getting more and more excited and my heart is beating against my chest*.

T: You don't have to be scared, you will be fine and I will be with you the whole time

K: I will inform the attending and then we will go to the delivery room together. You will see that it will go faster than expected and soon you will have your little princess in your arms

*She quickly types a message into her cell phone while Tom helps me to get back into the chair. Arrived in the delivery room I sat down again in the chair and then notice that the nurse pulls the PDA for me, so that after half an hour I start to notice the pain again. After a while the doctor comes into the room and looks at Tom*.

D: It is very important that you stay calm and be there for her. Talk to them calmly. It is the most beautiful moment, but also the most painful.

*He was definitely right about that, because the pain was getting worse and worse*.

N: You need to start pushing slowly, but first we take deep breaths in and out.

*I do everything the nurse says to me and with every push I scream my head off*.

D: The head is already out Ms. Downey, you have already done the first part

Y/N: I can't do it anymore.

T: You can do this, princess. I'm so proud of you

*At some point I lose track of time and only had the pain to control, but it wasn't getting any less. But at some point higher I a little scream*.

D: Congratulations, you are parents of a healthy daughter

*He puts our princess on my arm and I could not hold back my tears. Our little princess is with us now*

T: She is beautiful

D: Do you want to cut the umbilical cord Mr. Holland?

*Tom gives me a quick kiss and then goes to the doctor, but I didn't care about anything, all I could do was look at our princess*.

___________________

I don't know how long this little reading night will last, but actually the plan is to finish this story today.