Part 65 "Forever we two"

TOM'S POV

*All the way back, y/n was quiet. I often look over at her briefly, but she is looking out the window the whole time. Of course I' m aware that I exaggerated a bit and I could have told her differently, but it happened and we can't change it. The drive home took a little longer than we thought, because London is very busy at this time of day. This unpleasant silence between the two of us is unbearable. But when we finally arrive home, she quickly opens the door and runs into the house*

T: Damn!

*I take my phone out of my jacket pocket and dial Harrison's number*

H: Hey Tom

T: Hey! Is Grace with you?

H: Yeah, why? She's sitting right next to me.

T: Would it be possible if you gave her to me for a minute?

H: Sure.

*Grace is Harrison's new girlfriend and we all got along with her right away. I'm so glad Harrison has someone like her by his side*

G: Hey Tom, you wanted to talk to me?

T: Hey. Yes I did, because it's about y/n and I think a female counselor would be better right now.

G: Did something happen?

T: Indeed

G: Oh no

T: We had a little fight and then she went to the park and then suddenly Alex was there again

G: Did he do something to her? Are the baby okay?

T: They are both fine, but y/n has been very quiet since then and doesn't talk to me anymore. I don't know how to get to her now.

G: You might want to give her some time. I don't even want to ask what happened, but maybe

y/n needs a girls' night out where she can relax. Then you can do something with Harrison too

T: I can't leave her alone under these circumstances.

G: She is not alone. I promise to take good care of her. Nothing will happen to her or the baby.

T: I'll talk to y/n and send Harrison a message if she agreed. Thanks Grace

G: No problem

*I hang up and get out of the car and make my way to the house. A little smile crosses my lips as I think about how soon we will be a little family and our son or daughter will be running around the yard laughing. That's where my heart is already going*

T: Baby?

T: Honey?

*No answer. I slowly walk up the stairs and hear quiet sobbing. I walk into our bedroom and see her sitting by the window*

T: Princess, what's wrong?

Y/N: You were right. You were right about everything.

*Of course I understand what she means and I feel so guilty that she felt this way now. I go up to her and stand behind her and give her a hug*

T: I didn't mean to say it like that, please believe me. It's just that now I feel even more the need to protect you and our little treasure. Of course you are not irresponsible.

Y/N: Yes I am Tom! Don't you see because of whom we are in this situation now? This is all my

fault. If I hadn't been so stubborn and not gone to the park, I wouldn't have met Alex. He would never have found out about our baby and we wouldn't be in danger.

*She started crying harder and harder and seeing that hurts my heart. I kiss her forehead and try to calm her down a bit, but it doesn't quite work*

T: It's totally human when someone makes a mistake. Once you make that mistake, you don't make it a second time.We'll see this guy behind prison bars later, when you and I have our little miracle in our hands.  You should just calm down now. We'll get through this.

Y/N: Together

T: Forever we two!

*I lean down and kiss her. During the kiss I stroke her cheek lightly to calm her down a bit. As we move away from each other we look into each other's eyes*

T: Come on, you should lie down. You could use some sleep after the stress just now.

*I lift her up and gently lay her in our bed and kiss her forehead again for a long time*

Y/N: Will you lie down next to me?

T: Of course princess

*She immediately cuddles up to me, which makes me smile. I love this girl and I would do anything for her to be safe*