🍒𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭🍒

An arranged marriage led to this morning. Sitting across from me sipping his coffee, in silence, was my 'husband' Illumi Zoldyck.

He never gave much of anything to the relationship, I'd ask him if he wished to go on a date or even hang out at a bar many times but he always declined.

So I've completely given up on it.

After a few years of a loveless marriage having me feel guilty, I lost all shame in going to do my own things. I ignore him like he does me.

I walk onto the now late evening moonlit sidewalk to my favorite bar as I think about life. I don't drink a lot but I like the people and the atmosphere. After all, the hollow white look in the house shared with Illumi gets so boring.

I sit down to see a smiling woman I know all too well. She's the bartender and a friend of mine, she started making my favorite before I even asked for it. As I look at her work, I feel some eyes on me, ones I don't recognize.

"May I help you?" I smirk slightly taking drink in hand.

"I do not know what you are referring to." The offender looks straight ahead in a denial.

"Your staring problem, that's what I'm referring to." I sigh and take a sip of my drink before asking, "are you new around here? I haven't seen you before."

The man turns his high top chair towards me a bit and with a smile replies, "I am. I was hoping to get away from life for a bit."

"Tell me about it. The name is Lily by the way."

"Chrollo, nice to meet you."

Before I knew it, we were siting together laughing hysterically, having multiple conversations about life and everything about it- something I couldn't even fathom with Illumi.

Although I shouldn't want it, I like the attention. The focus Chrollo gives me, he looks right through me. I hate to say but his flirtatious yet genuine moments show how much chemistry we'd have. I wish I could be with him tonight instead of what I have to come home to.

Hours go by before in the middle of a story, my phone rings. "One second...hello?"

"Where are you?" My monotoned husband asks.

"I'm at a bar, I've been gone for hours. Where were you?"

"I know you were out and I was on a mission. Come home."

"Right now-" The line cuts. I sigh and roll my eyes like an annoyed child. "I guess Dad says I gotta go home, it's past my bedtime."

A smooth chuckle leaves his throat making me blush. Chrollo's soft voice and black hair. His grey eyes and plump lips. The things I'd do...

"I guess you have to go or else you'll be grounded. Take my number with you." He takes my unlocked phone and texts himself. "See you around." His smile was contagious.

I drive home with a new found interest and an unwavering smile. "Hey I'm home!" A wave of embarrassment and 'oh no' washed over me as I walked fully into the doorway.

"Why are you so happy?" Illumi walks over with an unamused glare. Sweat starts to peak out from my skin and I back up before hearing.

"Maybe if you spent a little more time with her she would be miserable, just how you like her." A red headed man sarcastically interrupts Illumi's new interrogation, shuffling a deck of cards on the couch.

"I don't want her to be miserable."

"Are you sure Illumi? Because I haven't seen you even try to actually make her happy."