🤍𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫🤍

The phone rings loudly, shaking me out of my daze. 'Unknown Number'

Maybe it's the boss?

"Hello?◇"

"Hey, did you finish your end of the project yet? I don't want to rush you, but I want to edit it all so it's ready to go for Monday."

Wrong number hmm? Might as well play along.

"I'm sorry, I'm still working on it. When did you finish your part?♧︎"

" I'm finished with the actual research, I'm making it pretty right now. I could have sworn I showed you the color scheme I was thinking of yesterday."

"I have a horrible memory, can you tell
me again?♡︎"

This is just too easy...

"Yeah. It's a lot of blues, pinks, and greens. I was thinking it would fit the powerpoint's color scheme and the topic of ecosystems perfectly. Do you have any questions about ecosystems you're researching, I got you if you do- this is kinda my thing. Also off topic, I know, but you sound so different on the phone. Do I sound weird to you?"

"Not at all! Your voice is as pretty as ever." She giggles softly and I start to slightly feel bad for doing this- but waiting for a new toy is just so boring. "Uh- I need a lot of help. Do you think you can come over and help me out?♡︎"

"Absolutely! Text me your address."

"Alright.♡︎"

Should I send her here? It's kinda dangerous...

"Do you like coffee? I'm thinking of getting some on the way to your place."

She sounds like a sweetheart- this isn't fun anymore.

"I do! I'll send you my order too."

"Okie dokie! See you in a few. Bye!"

"Goodbye~◇"

. . .

I wonder how she'll react when she sees me...

I hear a gentle knock on the door. "Coming!♧︎"
I open it slowly.

"Hello, stranger!" A cheeky smile meets my eyes as I blink in confusion. Her brows furrow and she smirks. "Did you think I wouldn't realize it was a different person, at least eventually? I mean the address is in Heaven's Arena."

"And you're not mad?♧︎"

"Nah, I would do the same thing. May I come in?"

I couldn't help but laugh at the nonchalant and cheeky smile she gives me.

"Oh, yes. Make yourself at home.◇"