🤍𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮🪐

♠️🃏♠️

"You're leaving again?" You ask annoyed with your close friend, Hisoka, throwing the book you were reading down on the table.

"Yes, is there a problem darling? ♧︎" He turns his head only looking at you in the corner of his golden eye.

"Nope." You reply coldly, but really wanted to say 'just, come back to me soon.'

"Then, I'll be on my way. Talk to you later~♧︎" He was expecting affection that wasn't going to come his way.

Hisoka waited for you to come up to him and give him a hug but all he got was you saying "yup" under your breath. For some reason, that irked him more than he even knew.

A week goes bye and he waits for your calls or texts but gets nothing. It was getting to him so he decided to get a drink with Chrollo.

"Is there a reason for this or did you just want to go out?"

"You want my actual answer? ◇"

"Yes, that would be helpful."

"I'm upset and I don't want to think about it anymore. I keep looking for something that I don't think will come back. ♧︎"

"You've been a master of thievery all your life. What's stopping you from getting it? Do you want backup?"

"I don't want that thing to get involved with the criminal side of things. ♧︎"

"Bold to assume, but, this 'thing' is a person, correct?"

"Yes~◇" Hisoka sighs as he traces the glass. "A friend of mine, she's normal. But I can tell she loves me. It's just weird because usually she shows it but when I went to leave, it was like she wanted nothing to do with me. ♧︎"

"Maybe she's fallen out of love with you, ever thought of that? I bet there's a good reason to as well, I mean, you are a mass murderer."

Chrollo looked at the jester as he saw that the man beside him took offense. "And what are you? ♧︎"

"Touché. Though, I meant that more as a fact than an insult...So?"

"So what? ◇"

"So what do you want to do about this?"

"I'm not sure what the right thing to do is, what do you think? ◇"

"I would either confront her or let her go. Those are the two options you can really do at this point."

"Letting her go would mean, not just in a romantic way, but completely taking her out of my life? ♧︎"

"I'd think so, yes."

"Hmm~♧︎"

"If you are going to choose that option, you should do it now before you get in over your head."

"...Yeah. ♧︎"

. . .

It's been months since you saw Hisoka. He hasn't once tried to call or text, even when you did some silent treatment. You guessed it wasn't meant to be and decided to look for a boyfriend. When you were off work, you were scrolling through any dating app you could try. No one looked like a match.

You were doing your usual weekend routine and you bumped into a guy.

He was muscular like Hisoka but a completely different face. Andrew was in business and single which as cliche as it is, you were cool with whoever, anyone to take away your mind from Hisoka was good. You both exchanged numbers and set a date for that Friday.

. . .

He said to meet him at the restaurant at 6:00, he made the reservations already. You got dressed in your sexy-but-formal dress and looked at yourself in the mirror. Smiling face was looking but you felt like shit, you were still hurt and in love with someone else.

You drove to the restaurant around 5:50 and waiting for Andrew...you waited...and waited...

Looking at your phone, the time read 8:45 and he hasn't even given a text. You couldn't even get anything to eat, simply walking out.

It was pouring out. You sat on the staircase in front of the restaurant, so drained and upset, you couldn't help but sob as the rain hit you. Frustration built up for so long was finally coming undone but at the cost of a still broken heart.

You cried even harder feeling the waterproof mascara finally give in from the rain. 'I'm such an idiot!' You mentally yell to yourself not really caring about anything around you.

Head down in-between your legs, you lost your sense of sight to the concrete below. Rain started to not hit you, instead hitting what you guessed to be an umbrella from who you guessed to be either a stranger or Andrew- neither you wanted to deal with.

"You'll get a cold sitting out here, right? ♡︎" Your head perked up hearing the familiar voice, you started tearing up again, but this time, out of joy. You stared at him like you were trying to memorize his features. He held out his hand for you to take."Hey, you can stare at my good looks later. Come on doll, let's go home. ◇"

You giggle and smile softly whispering, "okay" to your friend, gripping his hand tight. You both walking away as "Andrew" took the scarf off his face, smiling as he saw one of his members get what they wanted...