41 Unexpected Action

Part 41 Unexpected action

"Why? Why do you want me, Arnavji?"

Arnav cupped her face.

"Because I love you, Khushi... I love you so much... more than I loved myself... more than the solitary I wanted to be in... I love you" he said emotionally.

Khushi's eyes overflew like ever before. Damn, this is what she waited for... this is what she wanted to hear from him. Arnav wiped her cheek with his thumbs while nodding no. In no time, he hugged her and Khushi reciprocated to it for the first time bringing a smile on Arnav's face. He smiled with happy tears as he has been touched by his wife for the first time.

"Love?" she asked choking.

"I have lost myself in the process of searching you, Khushi. I finally spotted myself when I had you. It was amazing. You are my need... just like my breath" Arnav said panting hard.

Khushi broke the hug and smiled at him while spilling tears. She cupped his face.

"I love you too, Arnavji... to the extent you can't even imagine." She kissed his forehead, eyes, cheeks, nose and finally pecked his lips. She hugged him again and leaned on his chest.

Arnav also hugged her with a lot of emotions.

"I'm sorry..." Arnav said.

Khushi accepted the apology, tightening the hug symbolically. They stayed in the hug, closing their eyes... sharing one another's warmth.

That's when they heard a knock on the door. Breaking the hug, Khushi opened the door. She smiled at Shashi who was also holding a smile on his face.

"I have arranged our tickets through my friend," Shashi said.

Khushi looked at Arnav.

"What so urgent, uncle?" Arnav asked.

"I told you, I came leaving everything behind when you called us. I have a lot of work to do. So, I have to go"

"Khushi will be happy if you stay here for two or three days"

"I don't think she will be sad if we go" Shashi chuckled.

Khushi dropped her jaw.

"I just am kidding"

"Can't you give us one or two days Babuji?" Khushi asked.

"Yeah... Khushi is right. just attend our office party, uncle"

"That's ok Arnav."

Arnav didn't know why Shashi is adamant to go back to Delhi. He was so curious to come to Mumbai. Then why he is hurrying to go back to Delhi? Arnav could not understand.

Khushi was about to say something, Arnav stopped her.

"We will come to Delhi soon, uncle," he said.

Shashi nodded ok smilingly.

"Our flight is tomorrow morning," he said.

"We will drop you at the Airport," Arnav said.

Shashi didn't deny it. He nodded ok and went to the guest room. Arnav stood looking at him.

"What are you thinking?" Khushi asked.

Arnav nodded NO.

"Don't know what's running in his mind" he said.

Khushi nodded yes.

"They are going to Delhi tomorrow morning. Don't you want to be with them?" Arnav asked.