15 Angry Arnav

15 Angry Arnav

Khushi took the phone from Arnav's hand with confusion. Why does Ratna want to talk to her through Arnav's phone? She could have called her directly...

Taking the phone from Arnav's hand, Khushi talked. Arnav left the place whereas Khushi went to her room.

"Hello, Aunty..."

Cutting her,

"Are not you staying with Chotte in his room?" Ratna questioned.

Khushi was stuck.

"Why are you asking this Aunty? I just am working in the kitchen..." She answered without lying to Ratna.

"Don't try to cover the ugly truth with your lies, Khushi. I know my son..." Ratna said making Khushi embarrassed.

Khushi sighed.

"I am with him, in his house. That's enough for me. I am happy about it Aunty..." She said without showing her disappointment.

"For how long, Khushi?"

"Until Arnavji accepts me"

"I don't think it works..." Ratna said disappointed.

"What won't work, Aunty?" Khushi asked as she didn't know what Ratna meant.

"Chose someone and settle down with him, Khushi...leave, Chotte," She said dissatisfied.

Khushi was shocked. What happened to Ratna that she wants her to leave his son? She was happy in the morning... She composed herself.

"The best mother-in-law award goes to Mrs. Ratna Singh Raizada" Khushi chuckled, trying to divert the topic.

"This is not funny..." She said strictly.

"I'm not making fun though. You are standing for me leaving your son behind... I'm so happy about it. But, don't ask me to settle down with someone. It will never happen. I love Arnavji..." She said seriously.

"No Khushi... You should not waste your life on him... Instead, you have to choose someone who loves you... values you..." Ratna said sadly.

"I believe Arnavji will do that one day..." Khushi said confidently.

"When? You will get older but it won't happen"

"He is a good man Aunty..."

"Khushi, I didn't say don't support your husband... but, please don't support him to this extent..." She said wearily.

"What made you talk like this all of a sudden Aunty? You were happy in the morning, knowing that I got a job in Arnavji's office. Then what made you get angry with him to this extent suddenly?"

"I'm not talking to you on my own. He is the one who wants me to talk to you about it. He wants you to leave Mumbai. That's why he asked me to make you understand..."

Khushi was stuck. Does Arnav ask Ratna to talk to her? Khushi felt her throat choking.

"Arnavji asked you to talk to me?" Ratna sensed her changed tone.

"Haan... Chotte doesn't want you to be there... with him... Just leave him khushi. Being with someone who doesn't know your value is something you should not do"

Khushi composed herself.

"This is not fair Aunty, we should understand his point also" she tried to console Ratna.

"What point?" Ratna asked sadly.

"You arranged our marriage without his acceptance. He knew nothing about me when we got married. We didn't even give him time to understand me. Then, how could we expect him to accept me readily? He is not a common man who mingles with people easily. Yet, he brought me to Mumbai... gave me a place to stay...provides me with food... If someone has been in his place, I don't think he would have even considered me. He is a very nice person Aunty..." Khushi gulped down.