14 Guilty Mother-in-law

Part 14 Guilty mother-in-law

Khushi continued her training with NK. It went smoothly. Khushi smiled at Aman who came to her cabin.

"Hi, Khushi..."

"Hi, Aman..."

"Join us for lunch," he said.

"For lunch? Anything particular?"

"Nothing... Just to welcome you"

"Oh...I will accept your invitation only if you allow me to eat what I brought..."

Aman laughed.

"Thank you for accepting my invitation"

"My pleasure...shall I join you with my lunch bag?"

"Ok... You can..." Aman said smiling and left the place.

Khushi thought something about lunch.

"This is the regular procedure of this company, Khushi... Don't be panicked" NK said.

"Ohh..."

"Just to make the newcomer comfortable... "

"So, nice..."

"Yup..."

"Who will be present at the lunch?" Khushi asked.

"I, Aman, and Akash..."

"Oh..." Khushi said disappointedly.

She thought Arnav will also be there as he was the manager of the company.

"I thought the manager will also be with us," she asked without hesitating.

NK looked at her thoughtfully.

"I told you he is not as jovial as us. Just because he helped you in the morning, we can't expect him to be with us, Khushi"

Khushi was dumbfounded. How did he know that?

"It's obvious if you want to thank him. I will ask Aman to invite him too...but he won't touch our food." NK said.

Khushi smiled at him awkwardly. Arnav should accept Aman's invitation, she prayed Devi Maiya.

Aman agreed to invite Arnav to lunch. So, he called Arnav.

"Haan, Aman..." Arnav attended the call while reading a file in his arms.

"Arnav, I want you to join me for lunch."

Arnav was about to deny it,

"We would like to have lunch with my new PA Khushi. She is also invited"

Arnav was struck.

"Actually... Aman... Don't you know me?" He doesn't want to accept his invitation right away.

"I know you... But, you helped Khushi in the morning which you never did before... So, I thought you might accept my invitation..."

Arnav stiffened. Did Khushi tell him about it?

"Did your new PA tell you?" He wanted to confirm it.

"No... She didn't... I saw you running towards her. I so wanted to appreciate you, ASR. You have done something that a girl needs the most..."

Arnav was silent. What could he say? She is my wife that's why I saved her?

"Being my manager, interacting with my PA will be unavoidable for you. That's why I want you to join us... Come, ASR..."