4 The Letter

Part 4 The Letter

After getting fresh, Arnav went to the kitchen. He cooked dinner thinking about his unwanted wife. He prepared mushroom curry and roti. After finishing cooking, he took a bath. He came out and saw Khushi's room door still locked. He went to the kitchen and made a plate. Taking the plate, he went to her room and knocked on the door with hesitation. Khushi sighed and again opened the door slightly.

Arnav extended the plate inside. Khushi widened her eyes. His heart has a little wetness it seems.

"No thanks..." she said.

"You can cook from tomorrow onward... now eat this," he said.

Khushi didn't deny it. She took the plate from him. Arnav left the place. He ate at dining, watching the news with a very low sound. After finishing dinner, he went to his room and closed the door.

Khushi ate the roti and mushroom curry relishing. She liked it very much even though it was not SO good. She loves him. So, she would like whatever was made by him. It's obvious if she likes it... after all, her husband made it. Her eyes got to tear up. She ate it spilling tears.

After eating, she lay down on the bed but didn't get sleep... how could she sleep when her life is at stake? She sat on the bed and thought deeply. Taking a paper, she wrote something on it. She came out of the room without making a noise. She walked to Arnav's room and put the letter inside his room through the gap under the door. She walked back to her room and lay down on the bed to get some sleep.

Though Arnav also didn't sleep he didn't see the letter as the lights of his room were off.

The next morning

Arnav woke up from his sleep and sat on the bed, stretching his hands. His eyes fell on the folded paper, near the door. Taking it, he unfolded it. He raised his brows as it was a letter from his newly wedded wife.

{Dear, Arnavji, sorry for mentioning you as DEAR which is usually used for a beloved person. According to me, you are the ONE in my life...

I'm sorry to disturb you with this letter. I don't know whether you like to hear me... Or you like to see my crying face... Yes, I will definitely cry if I talk to you. (Arnav gulped down hard) I'm sorry, I'm unable to go to my mayka back. This decision of mine may disturb your mind but I promise, I won't disturb you. You can trust me. I won't become NOISE in your loneliness, interfering with your personal space. I have no other choice than to share this flat of yours AS OF NOW. I respect your feelings. You no need to worry about me from hereon. I can manage myself. I will cook for myself. I will not tell anyone that you are my husband.

By the way, thank you for your delicious dinner.

Always,

Mrs. Khushi Singh Raizada}

Arnav closed his eyes helplessly. He was furious with his parents. Why did they do this to him? What's Khushi's mistake in this? Why did they make him a sinner? But what this girl is going to do here ALL ALONE? He felt bad. He again read the letter taking time. According to this letter, she loves him... has dreams in her heart about this life. How could he console her? He just can't anyone let into his life. What's his mistake? He is like this. His parents knew him very well. Yet, they did this to him. He kept the letter in his purse.

He prepared breakfast and also lunch, like always... but a little extra... for the newcomer of his flat even though he asked her to cook for herself. He got ready for the office as usual. After having breakfast slightly, he left the house. He didn't feel to eat tight.

Khushi heard him locking the main door. Neither she took a bath nor did comb her hair. She didn't feel too. In fact, her silky hair didn't need to be combed. So, she left her silky hair open. She came to the living room and sat on the couch. Closing her eyes, she leaned on it. No matter how hard she tried to control her tears, they slipped down from her closed eyes.

She jerked, hearing the door opening sound. She was perplexed, seeing Arnav entering. He should have forgotten something. That's why he came back to take it. Khushi thought. She stood from the couch and turned opposite him. She didn't want to let him see her tears who doesn't know the value of it but she was late. He had seen it. She tried to leave the place, but stopped hearing,

"One minute..."

She stopped at the same place.

"I'm sorry..."

She turned towards him with hope.

"I think you should go to your mother's place... you will be happy there"

Khushi frowned at him.

"Am I disturbing you? " she asked.

"No... I didn't mean it..."

"Why are you bothering about my happiness? You just be happy... forget me... I mean, forget that you got married to someone called Khushi. Think like, I have gone from your life. I can't go back to my mother's place because they can't tolerate the truth that their ONLY daughter's life is OVER. I can't give them pain. I already told you I won't disturb you. I will be within my limits. if you don't want me to be here... you can push me out of this house" she said furiously.

"No, I just..."

"I will do what I have to... you just carry on with your loneliness," She said turning opposite to him.

Arnav left the flat again. Khushi sat on the couch smilingly, seeing him taking nothing. She thought he came again to take something. But he didn't take anything. Did he come to meet her? She sighed.

She lay down on the couch in the living room feeling so lazy.

After three hours,

Khushi's phone beeped with a message tone. She checked it and her face brightened, seeing a message from a fashion company AM Designs. She has to give an interview at the company in two days. She sighed in relief. She didn't expect a quick response from the company. It's very hard to be sitting at home and thinking about a man who is not at all interested in her. She has to come out of the grief. For that, she has to start going out of this flat and creating her own world. If she started working, she could get busy with her work without Arnav's thoughts. She has to stand on her OWN legs first. She should not eat the man's food who doesn't LOVE her. Khushi thought.

AM Designs

Arnav was sitting in his cabin, on his rolling chair. Arnav Singh Raizada The MANAGER was written on the Board. No matter how hard he tried not to think about Khushi, he couldn't. He didn't know what to do with the girl... how to handle this even though Khushi said she won't disturb him. How long will she be sitting at home doing nothing? He worried a lot about her... unaware of the truth that she is not at all going to be sitting at home anymore... she is going to come to the company in which he is the manager... his life is going to take a 360-degree turn... he is going to hate the loneliness soon that he relished a lot...

To be continued...

The next part is available on INKITT

Arnav's friends

AM Designs

Lunch break

Arnav was hungry as he didn't eat breakfast properly in the tension of his wife. He removed the lunch box to eat. Arnav saw Aman, Akash, and NK entering his cabin. He knew why they were coming. They will inquire about his mother. When Arnav requested leave, they got to know she slipped in the bathroom. His guess was right. They came to inquire about Ratna.