I nod, thinking about Will and Cayla.

"Yes. I actually stayed with someone that lived behind grandma and grandpa. He let me stay—"He? Elliot, you have to be careful with normal people, they don't understand how busy and preoccupied you can be."

I frowned at my steak.

 "Don't you think I know that? I had contacts in and I cut my hair. I did what you told me to, and you see that didn't end up right. I didn't need to be there in the first place, cause I'm not some wino. I can handle my life and the things in it." I spat out.

Her comment about normal people went deeper than I thought.

She looked at me, "You sound just like Carmen."

I narrowed my eyes. "What is that supposed to mean?"

My dad covers my hand, "Nothing."

I calm down, but there was something in the back of my head that was telling me to say something to my aunt. I move my hand away from his and scoot back from the table.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I grab my bag and leave the table.

I wanted to sneak out, but that would have been rude. I go the bathroom like I said and open the door. There was barely any one in except two people. I go to the big handicap stall and sit there. I needed a break from them. I had a feeling they were hiding something, but I wasn't sure. I didn't have time for secrets or lies.

That's way too much.

 I take out my phone and play a game. When the person next to me flushes their toilet and leaves the stall. I recognize the shoes that walk across. I recognize them because I remember going to the store when they were purchased. I exit my stall and am faced with Fiona.

She was wearing white romper with a fedora and sandals. Every expensive sandals, which I almost got myself. She looked cute, but that didn't change that I hated her guts. She soaps up her hands, but notices me looking at her in the mirror. "Elliot?" She turns around and smirks.

 "The one and only."

She laughs, "How has life been? Cancun huh? How was that?"

 I purse my lips at her fakeness. "Lovely, just amazing. And Oh Denis? What an improvement of your high school boyfriends."

She stopped rubbing her hands and looks at me in the mirror.

"It doesn't have to be like this. We can move behind all of that and still be friends Elliot. You know I know all your secrets. And I know everything about you. I know that it's hard for you to forgive people, but you can do it."

I look at her and scoff, "I almost believed that bullshit that just came out your mouth. We can't be friends; you ruined that when you fucked my boyfriend and didn't tell me." I was about to walk out but she stopped me. Her wet hand went around my wrist.

"Elliot stop. Denis told me you would deny my attempt to be friends agai—"Oh you're so pathetic to still cling to him, even after everything. That is why I am denying your attempt to be my friend again. My friends do not lie and help my boyfriend cheat on me."

She is silent, "Now let me go."

She releases me and I grab some paper towels and throw them at her.

I had to go something.

When I was walking back to the table, I happen to see Denis sitting down at a table I didn't even notice I walked past.

He was on the phone, so he was distracted when I came by and sat in Fiona's seat across from him. He looks up from holding the bride of his nose.

"No Jason I want—Elliot?"