Kulti

PRESENT

PRESENT

Jimin located Taehyung the moment he entered Seoulism. He was sitting at a small corner table, nursing a drink. A staff member walked up to him, flashing a smile. 'May I help you with a table, sir?'

'No, I'm good. My friend is waiting for me,' he said. Jimin took a deep breath and walked towards Taehyung.

'Hi, how come you asked me out for a drink tonight?' he asked.

By then he'd decided he would not tell him the truth. 'I'm sorry. I just wanted to drink and I ordered ... ' Taehyung stood up and sat down once Jimin had settled down. He raised his hand. A waiter came to the table.

'Vodka with orange juice, please,' Jimin said.

'Get something to eat?' Taehyung asked.

'Some chicken wings maybe,' he said. The waiter went away.

'I'm sorry but I have to ask you this. Has Seetal quit?' Jimin asked.

'Why, what happened?' Taehyung asked. He waited for Jimin's drink to arrive before taking a sip from his.

'Heard some people talking about it. Hush-hush talks, you know.'

'Well, yes, I fired him.'

'Hmm.' Jimin caught the conclusiveness in Taehyung's voice. He took the hint and didn't ask him any more questions.

'So, what made you ask me out? Did you learn anything new?' Jimin asked.

His drink arrived. They clinked their glasses before Taehyung launched into what happened at the academy and what he found there.

'So Ryle Davis hasn't been to the academy since Yahvi's death,' Jimin said and added, 'Don't you think that's fishy and kind of answers a few things?'

'I do.'

'Have you thought about our next step?'

Taehyung appreciated how Jimin had made this chase his own. This time he didn't even ask for anything in return.

'You know, Jimin, the thing with me is that I have never been able to beat around the bush. I'm sure it's a skill many have, but, unfortunately, I don't possess it. Thus, I will stick to being straight. I loved Yoongi.'

Jimin understood that Taehyung was already a little drunk. He quietly took on the role of a listener, folded his arms and leaned slightly forward, his expression serious and intent.

'He loved me too, or at least that's what he told me, and made me believe so in the last several months. I was ready to leave my husband for him. Can you believe it? At my age and maturity, deciding something like that? I know a lot of people do it. But honestly, I never thought I would be one of them. Everything was all right between Jungkook and me. And yet.' Taehyung finished his drink, waved at the waiter and gestured for a refill.