Unanswered question

'Because the dawn right before the sun rises is the darkest, Even in the far future, never forget the you of today

Even in the far future, never forget the you of today.'

-Tomorrow, BTS.

_

18 September 2020

One final guess. Your eyes tell me you want to meet me again. How about 18 September, 5.30 p.m., local Starbucks?

This was what was written on the paper napkin, the one the air hostess had handed over. I hadn't responded. I had thought he would wait for me at the exit once the flight landed, or outside the airport, but I was wrong. He had left me with a question without caring for an answer. The meeting had seemed far away then, a good two weeks away. I had thought I would decide closer to the date. I had been sure I would soon forget about it.

But as the date neared, I found myself thinking about him. My mind was in a dilemma: Should I go or not? Would he come? Why hadn't he waited at the airport if he wanted to meet me? Why two weeks later? And then I laughed out loud. Why was I contemplating so much when I didn't know shit about this man? Sometimes, I felt it was not about who the person was. It was about your emotional state when someone new stepped into your life. It was the timing. If this had happened a few years ago, I wouldn't have even cared to play a game at an airport with a stranger or taken a note scribbled on a paper napkin seriously. But now I had done that. Or should I say I wanted to. And it was probably this want that made me eventually go to Starbucks to meet him. I wanted to see if this man was genuinely interested or was just playing a practical joke on me.

It turned out he wasn't joking. I felt good knowing that, As I entered the Starbucks, I spotted him sitting at a corner table. By the way he held his mobile phone, trying to click a selfie, I knew it had to be him. I don't forget a person's body language. He was wearing..... I don't remember. He was almost as fair as my husband, Jungkook. For some weird reason, though, I didn't remember his skin tone from our first meeting at the Gwangju Airport.

'Continuing the guessing game?' he asked as I pulled the chair opposite to his and sat down, 'Seeing you here tells me I interested you.'

I recognized his husky voice.

"The napkin note told me I interested you as well.' This time I didn't want to play catch-up.

'I'm Kim Taehyung,' I said.

'You told me your name so that I feel compelled to tell you mine, right?' he asked.

'Knowing each other's names helps..... I guess.' The last bit was deliberate. The word 'guess' had become a thing between us.

'Helps in what?'

I rolled my eyes animatedly, which made him smile.

'I'm Min Yoongi,' he said.

'Nice to meet you, Yoongi,' I said, getung my tongue around the unique name

'Same here, Taehyung. It's quite an uncommon name'