The Gym Trainer

PRESENT

PRESENT

Taehyung had learnt the address by heart. It was in the camp area. He had been there a few times with Jungkook. He used to buy books from Choi Booksellers. It was right opposite Coffee House.

On Sunday, he went to the area twice but couldn't go up to the house. What would he see there? What would he discover? What if he found out something that completely destroyed what he thought of Yoongi? A fear had crept in. With Yoongi gone, he wanted to desperately hold on to whatever he believed was true. And yet curiosity made him want to look beyond that. For Yoongi wasn't just another man. He was the one for whom he had been ready to let go of some very important things. Jungkook was one of them. Yoongi had challenged his deep-rooted perceptions of life. He had, with his presence, taught him that there was more to life than he thought. At thirty, Taehyung had become resigned to the monotony of routine. He was convinced that from where he was, it would be the same thing every day. Yoongi was not only his way of escaping the humdrum, but someone who had opened his mind to new vistas. It was like he had been living in a room which had only one window named Jungkook, And then he discovered a door named Yoongi.

After finishing his morning meetings in office, he went out for a smoke. Jimin accompanied him. He lit his cigarette and after taking a few puffs said, 'Time to fulfil your promise.' His eyes twinkled with mischief. As if the fish had finally caught the bait. And he knew what he meant by 'fulfil your promise'.

'Sure,' Taehyung said with a nod.

'I've booked a room in Conrad,' he said, Taehyung threw him a puzzled glance.

'Shit, did I say room? I meant a table. I've booked a table in Conrad. Hope you don't mind.'

The last part, Taehyung understood, was just a formality. Jimin wouldn't let this opportunity go. He wasn't sure how to define Jimin. He knew he had the hots for him. And because he knew it, he had no interest in him even though he had overheard his employees in the smoking zone and the men's washroom discuss his physique and the things they wanted to do to him. He had never participated in these discussions because they made him uncomfortable but he had never asked them to stop either. According to them, he was the hottest male specimen they had ever seen. He was sure they would jump at the opportunity to go out with him. To fuck him. And then boast about fucking the hottest man in office to their colleagues. He knew Jimin would sleep with him anytime, or at least that's what his body language suggested, and yet he never took him seriously.

'It's perfectly fine. A deal is a deal,' he said, smiling at him.

'Just my luck,' he said. He appreciated the fact that Jimin didn't question him about Yoongi beyond what he'd told him.

After finishing their cigarettes, they both returned to their desks. He met Jimin again for a meeting a couple of hours later. To his relief, he behaved professionally, without giving anyone a hint that they were supposed to meet for a casual dinner later in the evening. Taehyung always loathed people who indulged in small talk and the ones who unwittingly allowed such people fodder.