Rom-Com Watching (platonic Gnome and Captain)

A/N: this is a request from @headphones_off .  This is platonic Gnome and Captain, Gnome is dating Engineer, and Captain is dating Stoner.

"Okay, which movie do you wanna watch first?" Captain asked Gnome, a pile of chick flicks in his arms.  Gnome pursed her lips as her eyes scanned the pile, taking in the ones she had watched and ones she hadn't.

Gnome's exaggerated serious look quickly changed into happiness as she looked up to Captain.  "Clueless!"

Captain smiled delightedly and put the movie in- today, they weren't going to use any streaming service.  They were gonna watch these movies the way they were meant to be watched.

Stoner came in with the popcorn, handing them it from the doorway, like the rom com's mere existence was hazardous.  When he turned around to leave, Captain stopped her.

"Wait!" Captain yelled out.  Stoner waited as Captain smiled.  "Aren't you gonna give me a kiss?"

Stoner came over, giving Captain a quick kiss on the cheek, satisfying Captain.

When Stoner left, Gnome turned back to Captain, starting to squeal. "You two are so cute!"

"He's the cute one!" Captain jumped up and down a couple of times happily.  Gnome giggled more.

Gnome got the popcorn Stoner brought in and put it next to her on the couch as Captain inserted the movie.  Captain sat down next to Gnome, starting the movie with the remote.

"Should we watch some bloopers afterwards?" Captain asked, adjusting the popcorn to be just right in the middle of them.

Gnome nodded, grabbing a handful of popcorn as the movie introduction played.  She watched intently.

After a bit, Captain moved the bowl to the coffee table and curled closer to Gnome.  Despite being strictly platonic, the two would occasionally cuddle, which was totally fine with Engineer and Stoner. 

Gnome inspected her nails; they were lime and starting to chip.  She was worried Captain would feel concerned that she wasn't watching, but she realized that Captain wouldn't worry about something like that.  Besides, she was paying attention, she loved this movie!  

It was about 7:30 by now, and the movie was almost off.  They would probably watch about 3 movies tonight.  Captain thought he heard the doorbell ring, and he directed his attention to be towards that.  A second later he thought he heard Stoner's mismatched way of stepping.  Did Stoner invite someone over? He wondered.

After a moment, he told Gnome he was gonna check on something and peeked outside the door to the room they were in.  He saw Stoner standing there, eating pizza right out of the box while standing up.

"Stoner!" Captain went over to Stoner.  "Did you order a pizza?"

"Yep," Stoner nodded nonchalantly, chewing.  

"And you didn't think to ask us if we wanted anymore?" Captain chuckled, thinking the pizza looked delicious.

"Sorry, Cap.  I just assumed if you wanted any, you'd ask." Stoner shrugged.  "Uhhh- I don't know if I have enough for you two."

"That's okay, I'll order some if Gnome wants any," Captain smiled, not really mad.  He quickly said goodbye and went back to the movie.

He sat down next to Gnome again, his eyes readjusting to the dark room.  He leaned over a bit.  "Do ya want some pizza?"

"Oh yeah!" Gnome gasped.  "I didn't even think of that... silly me, pizza is a must-have for a movie night!"

Captain chuckled and ordered the pizza online so he didn't have to stop watching the movie.  He knew Gnome tastes, and so he ordered for the two of them.

The movie ended, and Captain went to get the DVD out.  The pizza came at the perfect time, in the middle of the movie ending and getting the next one started.  When the doorbell rang again, Captain sprinted to the door. 

Gnome sat there, a bit awkwardly, as she waited for Captain to come back.  He returned with plates and napkins, as well as the pizza.  Gnome thanked him.

"No problem.  What do you wanna watch next?" Captain asked, setting the pizza down.

Gnome took a deep breathe, thinking.  "Hmm... perhaps Legally Blonde?"

Captain agreed and he again went to start the movie.  Gnome got a piece for herself.  Both of them weren't big eaters, so they didn't get much.  

"If Engineer ever does that to you, I'll kill him," Captain told Gnome when the initial love interest dumped the main character.

Gnome giggled.  "I'll do that if Stoner does that, too."

Captain smiled and Gnome rested her head on Captain's as the movie progressed.  This was one of Gnome's favorite movies, she really connected with it, as someone who was often called dumb.

They ate slowly, but still finished the pizza a while before the movie ended.  Captain's head bobbed as he laughed, which Gnome felt; she thought it was endearing.  

As the movie ended, Gnome pondered which movie to watch next.  She decided on a less known one in the pile, which she hadn't watched.  

When the movie finally ended and Captain turned over to ask what to watch next, Gnome brought up that movie and how she hadn't watched it.

Captain's mouth dropped.  "You mean- you've never watched-"

Gnome giggled.  "Yeah?  I barely remember hearing about it, even."

Captain shook his head in a lighthearted, disapproving way.  "You're gonna love it," he claimed as he popped it in.

Captain glanced at her a few times throughout the movie, seeing if she seemed interested.  She did, watching intently.

Gnome did like it, along with the experience of discovering a new rom-com.   She had watched a lo, being interested in the genre since her childhood.  When she discovered Captain also enjoyed them, she was overjoyed.  They had hung out a lot since then, not always watching movies exclusively.  

Gnome squealed a few times during the movie, which made Captain happy.  When it ended, Gnome clapped her hands together.  "It was great!"

"I know!" Captain smiled.  "I knew I would like it!"

"I did," Gnome giggled.  She scooted closer, and they laid their heads together, staying that way for a bit.  It felt silent and peaceful.

Captain eventually yawned.  "Well, I think Imma go to sleep soon.  It was fun doing this though!"

"Yeah," Gnome nodded.  She got up with Captain, taking the bowl of popcorn and her plate to the kitchen.

She put her shoes and coat on, preparing to leave, but only after she hugged Captain for one last time.  She nestled her head into his shoulder for a bit, closing her eyes.  She felt drowsy all of a sudden, her need to sleep catching up with her.  

Before Gnome could fall asleep, though, she pulled away from Captain and gave a smile.  She ruffled his hair and turned to leave.