Useless (Playvetcap)

A/N: I'll try to write just Playvet at some point!  No promises for anything soon but I know I mostly write Playvetcap and have never wrote playvet.  For now this is a request from IDrinkPastaForALivin ! Veteran uses she/her, he/him and xe/xem pronouns in this fic.

Veteran sobbed into his cereal.  It was 2pm, and xe had just woken up.  He had always had a bad sleep schedule, to say the least, but it was getting worse and worse lately.  She just didn't have the energy to do much at all, even video games.  She had spilled the cereal all over the counter and hadn't cleaned it up yet.

As to where his boyfriends were, Veteran didn't know.

Veteran continued to cry, barely able to eat his now-soggy cereal, until he heard keys turn and his door being opened.

He heard footsteps, until Captain and Player were in his view. They both smiled. "Hey Vet!"

"Hey," Veteran mumbled.  Captain and Player both looked a bit worried.  "Where were you guys?"

"We ate out," Player smiled.  "We didn't wanna wake you."

Veteran started to sob.  He wasn't mad they went out together without her, but for some reason it made her very sad. Everything was overwhelming these days.

"What's wrong?" Captain sat down next to her, taking her hand. Player took a seat, too.

"I don't-I don't know," Veteran cried. "I'm-I'm sorry!"

Player scooted closer and nuzzled. "No need to apologize.  It's okay."

Veteran sniffled and Captain smiled. "Come on, let's go lay down in bed." 

"...Carry me?" Veteran asked.  Captain, who was very strong, nodded.  "Yes!"

Captain picked Veteran up and carried xem to bed, Player following.  They laid down in bed together (they had enough room for the three of them) and cuddled close.

Captain began to sing to Veteran, who loved his singing.  Player had grown to love it, too.  Neither of his partners were the best singers technically, but they still sounded beautiful to Player.

Veteran continued to cry and Captain continued to sing.  Player played with Veteran's hair.

"I'm s-sorry I'm making you do this... I'm so-so useless..." Veteran sobbed.

Player shhed her. "You're not."

"I am! You'd both be better off without me..."

"No!" Captain said. "We love you."

"I l-love you both too..." Veteran shook. He felt so pathetic and useless. "Sorry to waste your time..."

"No time with you is ever time wasted," Captain nuzzled. "You are amazing."

"A-amazing?"

"Yes!" Player smiled. "You. Amazing."

Veteran clung to Player. "You too."

They laid there together for a while. Veteran's sniffled got quieter and further in between. Despite having just woken up, Veteran's eyes began to droop again.

As Veteran began to fall asleep, Captain and Player glanced at each other, smiling. They both began to relax, too.

Veteran's soft snores began to fill the room. Player fell asleep quickly, and Captain watched them both sleep for a while before falling asleep himself.